Re: [z_scale] Making A Lamp Post

  • Scott A. Whitmire
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2001
      Have you ever considered using a painted metal rod, then paint it
      with conductive paint? The rod is one path, the paint is another. I
      used that method to mount some lamps to the front of a building
      I did for the State History Museum. It works OK, and would be better
      with more practice.

      I got the idea from an article in one of the N Scale magazines.

      At 11/28/01 01:34 AM, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >I've just uploaded a picture:

      >This was the smallest piece of tubing I could pass the two wires of a 1.5V
      >bulb through, although I'm afraid it may still be a bit large. BTW, the
      >portal pictured is smaller than a portal on a working piece of track, it
      >was necessary to reduce it's size due to a track directly overhead. Short of
      >using a metal tube, then using the tube itself as a conductor for one of
      >the wires, any other ideas for a lamp post? Also, the post should APPEAR a
      >bit smaller (thinner) once it's painted a darker color to blend in with
      >the scenery. Any opinions appreciated.
      >
      >John
      >http://www.ztrains.com
      >Exploring Basic Z Scale Ideas