DCC and Z

  • jjabour@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2000
      Hello

      I run my system on DCC sometimes and discovered
      a problem. I use M terminal tracks (8590 I think)
      and they have a capacator across the 2 terminals
      (I think to reduce electrical noise). This interferes
      with the DCC signal. If I use 3 terminal tracks, the
      problem is that the decoder misses some of the commands.
      When I hooked up the 4th one then the booster thinks
      there is a short and stops working altogether. I removed
      the caps and everything works fine (including my original
      power packs with engines that don't have decoders).
      I believe you also have to remove these caps if you use
      the Relco track cleaner.
      Have a nice day
      John Jabour
      PS I'm no expert but I have alot of information on DCC
      and Z. Would it be useful to put this info up on a
      FAQ in the files section of Onelist?
    • Jeffrey MacHan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2000
        Hi John,

        I just created a folder called DCC. Please feel free to upload your DCC
        info into that folder and then inform the list.

        I look forward to reading what you have stockpiled. There are more texts as
        well as links that I could add to the DCC section. Some links can also be
        found in the Extremely Useful Websites folder.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan