Re: Introduction attn Ron Ratliff: cadrail?

  • Ron Ratliff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
      Hi Ole,

      Yes, Cadrail is software that can be used for track planning. They have
      a free demo located at:

      http://www.sandiasoftware.com/cadrail/info/demo/demo.htm

      Other than being a very satisfied customer, I don't have any ties to
      these folks. That being said, I was impressed with the capabilities.
      It is a true cadd program so there was a learning curve, but once past
      that it went very smoothly.

      Don't know if the demo includes it, but the full version included a
      Z-Marklin library that I have checked and the rail is accurately
      represented.

      The January issue of Model Railroader includes a review of 3 different
      layout packages including Cadrail that you may find interesting.

      Later,
      Ron Ratliff