Does anyone know where I can sell z scale model trains.

  • Tchadnj
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2014
      Hi,

      My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.

      I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.

      Thanks,

      RJ
    • Thomas Habrik
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2014
        try ebay

        I buy and sell most of my items on ebay

        Von meinem iPad gesendet

        > Am 22.08.2014 um 21:59 schrieb "Tchadnj tchadnj@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>:
        >
        > Hi,
        >

        > My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.
        >

        > I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > RJ
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        > Posted by: Tchadnj <tchadnj@...>
        > ------------------------------------

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Yahoo Groups Links

      • martin soll
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2014
          Several places you can list online, or actually place on consignment:
          1. people often offer items for sale on this forum
          2. ebay
          3. www dot ztrack resale dot com takes items on consignment

          I'm sure there are others, but these 3 are the first to come to mind.

          Good luck, Marty in Estacada, OR

          On Friday, August 22, 2014 1:21 PM, "Thomas Habrik thomas@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          try ebay

          I buy and sell most of my items on ebay

          Von meinem iPad gesendet

          > Am 22.08.2014 um 21:59 schrieb "Tchadnj tchadnj@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>:
          >
          > Hi,
          >

          > My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.
          >

          > I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >

          > RJ
          >

          > ------------------------------------
          > Posted by: Tchadnj <tchadnj@...>
          > ------------------------------------

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo Groups Links

        • Robert Kluz
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22, 2014
            RJ I am sorry to hear about Rick. I would be happy to help. We run Ztrack Resale and specialize in sales of new and used Z scale trains. It is all commissioned based sales. Please feel free to contact me offline for details. My email address is:

            You can see what we offer at:

            Sincerely,
            Rob

            On Aug 22, 2014, at 3:59 PM, Tchadnj tchadnj@... [z_scale] <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Hi,

            My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.

            I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.

            Thanks,

            RJ

            ------------------------------------
            Posted by: Tchadnj <tchadnj@...>

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               z_scale-digest@yahoogroups.com
               z_scale-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor for American Z Line
            Full Throttle & Rokuhan
            Authorized MTL, InterMountain
            and Tenshodo dealer.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin OH 43016
            (614) 764-1703

          • Alan Cox
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2014
              On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:59:06 -0400
              "Tchadnj tchadnj@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >

              > My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.
              >

              > I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.

              Definitely ebay.

              Photograph them, make sure you specify if they have the boxes and list
              them including the manufacturer and model number if you can identify it
              for each case.

              You will generally get more if you list each item individually,
              particularly locomotives.

              Alan
            • cnwtrainman
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22, 2014
                Sorry for your loss. I would ask Robert to do that for you. Its hard to sell t hinges on EBay if you're unfamiliar with the hobby.

                David Lindquist

                Sent from my Galaxy SĀ®III

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 25, 2014
                  I would like to thank people who gave me some ideas what to do. I took a look at what he had a little bit but I did not see any boxes that the trains came with. He started putting trains and other items in large plastic boxes. I don't know if he kept all the boxes or not. It is also possible that when someone helped me cleaning up the house might have thrown empty boxes away because he didn't know better.

                  When I have more time to look around, I will take some pictures and see what is what.

                  Thanks,

                  RJ

                  On Aug 22, 2014, at 5:29 PM, "Alan Cox alan@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:59:06 -0400
                  "Tchadnj tchadnj@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >

                  > My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.
                  >

                  > I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.

                  Definitely ebay.

                  Photograph them, make sure you specify if they have the boxes and list
                  them including the manufacturer and model number if you can identify it
                  for each case.

                  You will generally get more if you list each item individually,
                  particularly locomotives.

                  Alan

                • Rayas911
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 30, 2014
                    I am in same boat my husband passed
                    Away couple months ago
                    He collected trains for the past 20 years
                    He was looking forward to built the track
                    Unfortunately I lost my best friend of
                    35 years and he did not finish
                    His dream

                    Sorry for your loss

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Aug 22, 2014, at 3:59 PM, "Tchadnj tchadnj@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    Hi,

                    My partner, Rick Connolly, subscribed to this Yahoo group. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple months ago but I have seen messages from members in this group. He collected trains and things to build tracks. I knew that he drew some plan and was hoping to build it. Since I am not familiar with model trains at all, I would like to find out how I could sell z scale trains and other things that he bought. Perhaps other people will be able to enjoy them more than me.

                    I live in NJ, so if any one has any ideas what I can do please let me know.

                    Thanks,

                    RJ

                  • jwnamib
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 6, 2014