An interesting ebay story I would like to share about a caboose.

  • flyerbait
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15 3:35 PM

      So couldn't resist this telling this story, I had been watching a Marklin Z "starlight" caboose on U.K Flea-bay that had been posted for 99p.. only 2 of us bid on it at the last moment and I won it (does the victory cheer!) and feel asleep. woke up later on to find a nasty little message and a cancel purchase stating the seller doesn't post out of the UK (I am in Australia). guy didn't even check my feed back or a 100% rating. what was very obvious though is that I "won" the bid at about $2.38. Pretty obvious why he didn't want to send it now isn't it.. >< anyways I could have been a prick about it, dragged it out for the hell of it, but honestly It would be a lot more fun to see if he reposts the caboose at a higher price in the next week or two, instead of checking if the other buyer was from U.K and sending it to him for 99p bid.. after all fair is fair isn't it? and too point out that being such a massive tool to another model railroader is a bit of a "dick move" as they say in the movies. Don't be that guy folks. just don't.

      On a more positive aspect I have managed to pick up 4 of the marklin auto transporters (two from UK fleabay >< hahahaha), and have done the micro trains coupler replacement on them. I am planning on a "general americanization prototypical" I am just wondering if anyone else has done so and what they did. I am thinking my next step will be to "snip" off the bumpers on the cars... (evil demented laugh). Anyways let me know.

      Leigh

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18 10:52 AM
        "Americanizing" euro autoracks? What era are you modelling? Makes sense if you're modelling up to the sixties as autoracks then were uncovered. Afterwards, appeared covered autoracks (in order to avoid steals and destructions), for which there are excellent samples (bi-level and tri-level) at AZL's.
        Dom

        De : "flyerbait@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
        À : z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        Envoyé le : Samedi 16 août 2014 0h35
        Objet : [Z_Scale] An interesting ebay story I would like to share about a caboose.

[...]

      • class66701
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19 11:31 AM
          Yes and i read this list and do only post to the  Uk,now geting £5.00+ and 100 postive feadback many uk happy z owners
        • class66701
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19 11:32 AM
            Yes its on there again now i am get £5.00 Plus,yes and do post to many happy uk Z scale models and i read this LIST ?
          • flyerbait
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19 12:34 PM

              yeah, I don't have any specific era I model, and I simply like the open auto racks.. : )  its a bit late now, I have snipped off all the bumpers, the microtrains couplers are med shank (all I have left) so they are a wee bit short, snipping was necessary.... my bad. Oh the chap with the caboose, its back up on flea bay.. for a lot more.

              Had a housemate move out, and we have been cleaning out the garage, so now I have space to set up my layout somewhere I can work on it now. Time to get back into some building again, I have been spending far to much time on my H.O scale collection anyways, my poor little Z scale layout has been suffering neglect, it needs a good rail clean and a run, and I need to replace all the damage it sustained in transit the last move.

              Leigh

            • flyerbait
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 21 7:33 AM

                Yes, I know you read the list. and now you have an unofficial unhappy non-customer (with a 100% flea bay rating as well ;). As you can tell I have moved on and spent my money elsewhere, and consider the issue closed. Happy railroading.

                leigh