Looking for empty cases, please

  • markh3326
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2014

      Hello all,

      Was wondering if anyone had a few empty cases they would part with?

      I have 4 cars with no protective boxes.

      (qty 1) 8620 (Depressed Center Flat Car / Trafo)

      (qty 3) 8713 Express Train Dining Car

      Would be willing to pay reasonable price for them.

      Thank you!

      :-)

      - Mark H.

    • Lee Barry

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2014
          Try  Model Train Stuff

          the sell both empty cases as well as some inserts

          David
        • Mark H.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2014

              Zscale Monster has plastic boxes for cars and locos.

              http://www.zscalemonster.com/mt/tool/tool.htm

              #MTL-984 09 000   Small Plastic Box

                • Small Jewel Case

                $1.30 retail ea. • ZSM $1.04

              Details:

                • Length 5”

                • Width  1.5”

                • Height  1”

              The Small Jewel Case is the most widely used for Z scale model trains. From Locomotives to Cabooses they just about all fit in the small. There are a few exceptions to the rule.

              He also has Medium and Large Jewel Cases, but thy are probably larger than you need.

              Ell Geib