News Rokuhan introduces digital turntable

  • garthah
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 12, 2014

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xDOU9pgVs#t=47

      Rokuhan video shows operation from both DCC and DC  and they say will be on shoe at Cleveland NTS

      regards Garth

    • Thomas Creighton Sr
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12, 2014
        any idea of cost for turntable plus controller in USD?

        On Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:10 PM, "garth.a.hamilton@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Rokuhan video shows operation from both DCC and DC  and they say will be on shoe at Cleveland NTS

        regards Garth

      • trainssd
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
          How about controlling via DCC?

          I see that DCC controller has buttons that look like turnout control... T (thrown?) and C (closed?) they seem to look like standard accessory control buttons... but how to issue the 180 degree command?

          Greg
        • garthah
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
            In the video you saw Rokuhan analog or DC controller operating the turntable , but you also saw a Digitrax Zephyr DCC master controller  being used to control the turntable.

            regards Garth
          • garthah
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
              The only thing I have been heard is less than the Marklin 2014 offering

              regards Garth
            • flyerbait
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014

                That would be good to know, I for one will be buying one if its resonable, will the expansion blocks also be available when the turntable is? Good to see another company jumping in... been years since Marklin has done a run on their turntable, last time I saw one on auction it went for about about 300 pound, very overpriced.

                Leigh

              • trainssd
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
                  Garth, my question was about 180 degree control under DCC.... on the DC controller, the turntable "turns" the loco 180 degrees by pushing both direction buttons.

                  Clearly that is not possible under DCC and/or the Digitrax, there is only Closed and Thrown control for a switch controller.

                  So, is there some DCC command that will perform this movement?

                  Greg
                • garthah
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
                    Greg I am not fully conversant with the DC controller and its interface to DCC so I can not answer if there is an instruction that can be accessed to turn the table 180 degrees from DCC controller or not, but the DC controller is still in the system so it could be used to command the 180 from there, maybe hitting both buttons on the digitrax controller will work for 180 degree rotation, just not sure, but I will know more after Cleveland NTS. I know that Rokuhan is working on their own DCC system using  Android,I-phone etc as throttle using blue-tooth to connect to command station. How far along that project is I do not know.

                    regards Garth
                  • garthah
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
                      There will be 8 expansion blocks with the  turntable  so not how much demand there would be for more but yes they do have their own part number so I expect they will be available separately.

                      regards Garth
                    • Ralph Scott
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
                        That is good !  Need a transfer pan also!
                        Ralph
                      • trainssd
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 13, 2014
                          Garth, when you get the details of how it is hooked up to DCC, please let me know.

                          You seem to imply that use on DCC still requires the DC controller.

                          As I said before pressing two function buttons on a DCC system at the same time is impossible, so this is why I asked about a DCC command to do the 180.

                          Anyway, will be interested to see what you learn at Cleveland, please be "curious".

                          Thanks,

                          Greg
                        • garthah
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 15, 2014
                            Here is some more followup to the news release from Rokuhan

                            1) We will provide 15 degree covered track but a little later
                            because we have to do a lot of things happening around turntable
                            release.

                            2) You don't need any additional connection with our turntable
                            because DCC track is connected to turntable although it is
                            in DC control. The DCC command will bcome automatically
                            into our controller. The controller is not controller in this case
                            but indicate the table position. AThe, IC inside the DC controller is
                            controlling the turntable based on the command from DCC
                            controller through track. AC adopter so any additional power source is not
                            required if in DCC.

                            3) Turntable does not have many features thus just turn right or turn left
                            probably 180 degree return. The initial alignment of turntable is still done
                            by DC controller.

                            4) Any DCC controller is able to use if they fix CV.

                            regards Garth Hamilton VE3HO