AZL 2-8-2 Mikado

  • Erwin D Dunbar
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26 1:43 PM

      I received my Mikado today.  It runs ok with 7 Grams of weight on the Boiler.  Is there a way to take apart the engine to put weight inside the boiler?   Don

    • Robert Kluz
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27 5:27 AM
        Don,

        There is a thread on the AZL forum discussing adding weight to the Mikados. See the thread "Mikado Pulling Power". The site is:

        Rob

        On Apr 26, 2014, at 4:43 PM, Erwin D Dunbar <dunbared@...> wrote:

        I received my Mikado today.  It runs ok with 7 Grams of weight on the Boiler.  Is there a way to take apart the engine to put weight inside the boiler?   Don

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        Distributor for American Z Line
        Full Throttle & Rokuhan
        Authorized MTL, InterMountain
        and Tenshodo dealer.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • David Wolf
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27 9:04 AM
          Read through this thread on train board their is some good info there

        • Erwin D Dunbar
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 27 9:30 AM

            Thank You!  I resolved the problem by tweeking the front trucks.  Runs fine now.  In fact it pulls a lot of cars.  Don

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 27 10:24 AM
              What did you do to tweak them. I noticed the bushing does not center we'll on one of mine so it makes it go sideways, a bit of mis-tracking but it runs thru turnouts just fine.

              Jeff
              SF Bay Area Z

              Sent 'from the road'

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 27 11:28 AM

                The front truck was Sprung too far up.  So I Bent it Down ever so slightly so that it tracked around the corners.  Don

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 27 2:48 PM

                    The Front Wheels are spring Loaded but mine was not bent down enough.  I just bent the mechanism that holds the wheels a little and it works fine.  Don