Re: [Z_Scale] AZL April 2014 New Releas e – Part 1

  • Ruddick Lindley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2014
      Are the new SD70 units geared the same as the GP30, GP38, etc.?
      If so, that will make it easier to MU on DC or consist if DCC'ed without too much hassle.

    • Robert Kluz
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
        Yes and no. The motor is the same. But the chassis length is different and of course the trucks are very different. The six axle trucks  are more complicated than the four axle trucks. You will see different running characteristics on the SD70 series versus the GP30 and GP38 series. It still may be possible to mu them, but it is not necessarily all apples to apples.

        I did test run the new series of SD70s with the first series and found that you can run these together. The speed matching is very similar.

        Rob

        On Apr 8, 2014, at 11:49 PM, Ruddick Lindley <elruddick@...> wrote:

        Are the new SD70 units geared the same as the GP30, GP38, etc.?
        If so, that will make it easier to MU on DC or consist if DCC'ed without too much hassle.

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        Distributor for American Z Line
        Full Throttle & Rokuhan
        Authorized MTL, InterMountain
        and Tenshodo dealer.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • trainssd
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
          I speed match all my locos on DCC, even similar locos can have varying speeds at the same "throttle setting".
          I'm looking for an automated method to do this, i.e. a test track that can measure the speed and create the right speed table.
          Greg