Rokuhan Piers & Viaducts

  • rgminutillo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2014
      Silly question, perhaps, but it seems that the new Rokuhan piers will only work with their viaduct sections, the selection of which of course is very limited. Is this true? Or will the piers securely support the roadbed track?

      RGM
    • garthah
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2014
        the Rokuhan piers are designed to go with their bridges and viaducts, there are two sets the gradient set S017 or add an R in front for Intermountain number with enough pieces to create 10 piers of varying heights at 4% gradient to raise the viaduct sections high enough for a train on road bed track to pass under a bridge or viaduct, and the piers are locked in place between each joint in the viaduct or between a bridge and a viaduct. .The other set has parts for 6 piers of fixed height and is S018 which will hold a bridge or viaduct high enough for a train on roadbed track to pass below it. there is nothing on the pier or roadbed track which allows you to snap one to the other, But I guess you could glue them together but I do not think the roadbed track is designed to be rigid enough to be mounted on piers like that, and you don't see it in real life that way, there is always structure to support the track. The piers come in three different pieces. a base piece and top piece and column pieces all are stackable and have indexing pieces so they go together on assembly correctly, but the pieces do not lock one to the other they need to be secured with plastic cement, once you have got the height correct.  The base plate can be screed into you table top or scenery base if not glued in place.

        regards Garth.
      • rgminutillo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2014
          Thanks garth. Just hope they expand the range of available viaducts radii.
          RGM
        • garthah
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2014
            RGM  so do I but you have to take the time to tell them what you want and you can do that by using their contact us page on their web site. http://www.rokuhan.com/english/   contact us is last button top right of menu baron home page.  I would like to see a viaduct for R245 and R270 and I would like to see larger curves such as R 295 and even an R320, but you never know, what will come next.

            regards Garth