Z- NEWS z scale pages back on line

  • garthah
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2014
      My web site with Z scale information, is back on line after a major attack and being unusable for many months I had two web sites originally Nn3.ca, where the Z scale information resided, and VE3HO.ca. Now the "Z" information has been moved from Nn3.ca to VE3HO.ca as Nn3.ca has been closed. The "Z" scale stuff can be found under "Model Trains" in the menu on ve3ho.ca. There are 4 pages about Japanese Z and 4 about North American Z. In the Nn3 section there is a page on converting the Tomytec or Tomix TM series of power chassis to run on 6.5 mm track. they are many versions of these that are 2 and 4 axle powered and a variety of lengths with flywheel and easy to DCC units. They are available on Hobby Search in Japan and Plaza Japan, for those looking for a power unit for a Z scale project, this might provide some inspiration. I have actually made new chassis floor to mount the trucks on so you do not need to use the wide N scale originals. There is also a page on how to convert  Micro Trains non-power routing turnouts to power routing ones, I figured this out so I could make a double main line with cross overs so I could run two separate trains from separate power packs, and did some indication for directional lighting so you could see which direction the track power was set. Another thing I did but did not document was put red and green LED's in road bed edge to indicate turnout position.

      regards Garth
    • BAZ
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2014
        Thanks Garth for the update. Glad you were able to recover. Have you posted to the Nn3 groups (Tom Knapp, etc.)

        Great info on the new items too. I'll look at that power routing mod, even tho I don't use the track. Always good to know for others.

        Jeff

        Sent 'from the road'

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2014
          thank Jeff  Yes we posted there first once the site was back up.

          regards Garth
        • Spencer Eachus
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24, 2014

            For us newbes could you post the web address, please?

            Spence
            Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. März 2014 um 20:07 Uhr
            Von: garth.a.hamilton@...
            An: z_scale@yahoogroups.com