System Jorger coupling magnets

  • ralph.scott@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2014
      I have looked on their web site (it is in German) I cannot see the magnets that you glue to the underside of Marklin couplings. I see  that the under track electromagnets are still available  so does anyone know if the coupling magnets  are still available? I liked this system because it is 100% reliable and I need some more.!
    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2014
        Hello Ralph,

        > I have looked on their web site (it is in German) I cannot see
        > the magnets that you glue to the underside of Marklin couplings.

        You don't need special magnets to glue under the coupler. Those parts
        can be made from a paperclip, as long as that is made from magnetic
        material. In his shop Manfred J├Ârger has an item "Biegevorrichtung".
        Unfortunately without a picture. He used to sell an item under this
        name to make those small parts from paperclips. Practically it was
        just a jig to bend the thread of the paperclip in the correct radii to
        fit it under the coupler. Then you only had to cut the bend thread in
        the needed length and glue it under the coupler.

        GreetingZ

        Uwe
      • Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2014
          On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:41:39 +0100
          Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:

          > Hello Ralph,
          >
          > > I have looked on their web site (it is in German) I cannot see
          > > the magnets that you glue to the underside of Marklin couplings.
          >
          > You don't need special magnets to glue under the coupler. Those parts
          > can be made from a paperclip, as long as that is made from magnetic
          > material.

          Florists (flower arrangers) iron wire is soft and particularly popular for
          the job over here as it does not magnetize easily.