Re: A New Z Scale Railroader.

  • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2000
      Howdy Mack: (typical Texan greeting a Texan):

      > I'm pretty new to the world of Z scale model trains.

      Delighted you chose the perfect scale to have fun.

      > Also, I'm in Austin Texas, and was wondering if there was anyone else in
      the
      > area interested in Z scale trains.

      At this time, I know of no organized z scale activity in Austin. Which is a
      real shame, since the local stores in Austin sell Z scale. There are Z-heads
      in the area for certain.

      Sounds like you could be the lightening rod to unify all that interest in
      your area, by simply posting a sign in your local shops. Have a Saturday
      meeting at a coffee shop or train store. It works.

      > I've read that there is a Z group in
      > Houston. I would like to come by someday and learn about the group and talk
      > to the members. Maybe Bill Kronenberger could you possibly help me that
      > information? I figure since your in Houston.

      Email me anytime you plan to be down this way. We'll roll out the red carpet
      for you.

      If you can visit Houston on February 19th or 20th, you'll see our Z Bend
      Track modular layout at the Great American Train Show (GATS) in Houston's big
      convention center. Normal crowds run around 8,000 folks a day, with lots of
      vendors.

      Or Dallas in April, when several Z layouts will come together.

      Bring your train !!! Love to have you run with us.

      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston