Marklin Z scale list ????

  • kz3dx
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2013
      Where can I find a list of all of the Z scale models that Marklin has made?

      I am looking for a list of the model numbers for both lokos and cars.

      Thanks,
      Bill
    • Mark H.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2013
        Hi Bill,

        I do not know of a single source, but I may be wrong.

        Here is some references I have used:

        http://www.guidetozscale.com/html/history_of_z-scale.html

        http://www.z-world.com/

        Of course, I have also referenced craigslist, ebay, and quite a few RR
        model hobby shops.

        Google is always my search resource as well.

        Here is a list of my collection:
        http://www.teddybearcave.com/Trains.htm

        Hope this helps.

        :-)

        - Mark H.

        On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM, <b31447@...> wrote:

        > Where can I find a list of all of the Z scale models that Marklin has made?
        >

        > I am looking for a list of the model numbers for both lokos and cars.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bill

      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2013
          Hello Bill,

          yoa asked:
          > Where can I find a list of all of the Z scale models that Marklin has made?
          > I am looking for a list of the model numbers for both lokos and cars.

          as Mark already wrote there i hardly a single source for this, but
          another source is this:

          www.zscale.de

          there you will find a lot of pictures sorted by Maerklin numbers.

          Uwe
        • Don Avila
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2013
            Here is a list of catalogs that can be downloaded in PDF from about 1932 to 1999 with only a few years missing.

            http://www.lctm.info/Biblioteca/Catalogos/Marklin/index.htm

            ...don
          • BAZ
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2013
              Sweet find !

              Jeff

              Sent 'from the road'

              On Dec 7, 2013, at 3:22 PM, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

              Here is a list of catalogs that can be downloaded in PDF from about 1932 to 1999 with only a few years missing.

              http://www.lctm.info/Biblioteca/Catalogos/Marklin/index.htm

              ...don

            • gandy78242
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2013

                There are 2 books (in German) that cover a period from 1972 to 1997. Unfortunately they are both out of print but a great source of information if you can get your hands on them.

                1.  Koll's Preis-Katalog 1972-96 - Covers all the regular production cars and locomotives.

                2.  Koll's Spezial Katalog 1972-97 - Covers all special cars produced during the time period.

                These are the most comprehensive sources of information during the periods.  Unfortunately Joachim Koll did not continue to produce these books.

                A piece of Trivia.  The person with the most knowledge of Special production is Gilles Monk of Brussels Belgium (holds Guinness World record for his collection).

                Larry Donsbach
                San Antonio, TX

              • Lee Barry
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 8, 2013
                  thanks for the info. will look at them this week. Lee Barry