is there a Z equivalent to Marklin HO 4107 & 4108

  • Robert Cardinaux
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2013
      Can anyone identify a Z-scale marklin or other maker platform passenger car series like the Marklin HO 4107 passenger & 4108 baggage car? Marklin's HO version comes in various D schemes, even an SBB marked dark green, and even I believe a Gotthardbahn.

      Wouldn't these be ideal in Z? (Or just to apt to jump the tracks)?

    • viktor_kovacs
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2013

        Hi,

        > Can anyone identify a Z-scale marklin or other maker

        > platform passenger car series like the Marklin HO

        > 4107 passenger & 4108 baggage car?

        The nearest matches are the 7800 coaches, but they

        are much longer. Also the donnerbusche series are

        very similar and even have baggage cars. All of these

        are longer. A common solution is to cut 8700 cars

        to shorten them. The 4107 are saxon landerbahn

        cars that found their way to the drg and later to db.

        The 8700 are wurttemberger cars that are essentially

        longer versions of the same style.

        Afaik the short baggage car was released in a small

        series with sbb markings by a swiss firm some time

        ago but all short passanger cars I've seen are home

        made ones.

        These are the ones I made a few years ago:

        http://www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=2915&option=com_joomgallery

        (the last one is an unmodified car)

        http://www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=2903&option=com_joomgallery

        (the locomotive, the bagge car and the freight car are unmodified marklins)

        Viktor

        ---In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, <roberttip@...> wrote:

        Can anyone identify a Z-scale marklin or other maker platform passenger car series like the Marklin HO 4107 passenger & 4108 baggage car? Marklin's HO version comes in various D schemes, even an SBB marked dark green, and even I believe a Gotthardbahn.

        Wouldn't these be ideal in Z? (Or just to apt to jump the tracks)?

      • MG
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 26, 2013
          8700 and 8701 for two. Run very nice.

          Robert Cardinaux wrote:
          > Can anyone identify a Z-scale marklin or other maker platform passenger car series like the Marklin HO 4107 passenger & 4108 baggage car? Marklin's HO version comes in various D schemes, even an SBB marked dark green, and even I believe a Gotthardbahn.
          >
          > Wouldn't these be ideal in Z? (Or just to apt to jump the tracks)?

        • sbb_z
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 27, 2013

            Thanks Viktor and MG.

            I guess the 5-window landerbahn versions I have seen here and there were home-made from the 7-window 87xx's. Just checking if anyone ever manufactured them as such.

            Robert Cardinaux wrote:
            > Can anyone identify a Z-scale marklin or other maker platform passenger car series like the Marklin HO 4107 passenger & 4108 baggage car? Marklin's HO version comes in various D schemes, even an SBB marked dark green, and even I believe a Gotthardbahn.
            >
            > Wouldn't these be ideal in Z? (Or just to apt to jump the tracks)?

          • Rainer Kuhn
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2013
              I have a lot of items I would like to sell
              Can u tell me how to go about it

              Sent from my iPad

            • thomas cipelle
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2013