Re: [Z_Scale] Double slip turnout "handedness"

  • Harbormaster
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2013
      Jeff,

      Leaving at 1:00, arriving no later than 3:00
      Please call me between that time at 1-800-929-3361 if the situation there is not ready for our models - the Model 40 AND the Z scale ATSF Interurban (black with brass window frames and TWO PowerMAX!) I'll bring a DC circle to operate the Interurban.

      Jim Shiff

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2013
        Jim, R U coming today (Friday)? It's 4:45 and we are setup.

        Jeff

        Sent 'from the road'

        On Nov 22, 2013, at 11:02 AM, "Harbormaster" <harbormaster@...> wrote:

        Jeff,

        Leaving at 1:00, arriving no later than 3:00
        Please call me between that time at 1-800-929-3361 if the situation there is not ready for our models - the Model 40 AND the Z scale ATSF Interurban (black with brass window frames and TWO PowerMAX!) I'll bring a DC circle to operate the Interurban.

        Jim Shiff

        > > In looking at the Rokuhan offerings at the Hobby Search website, the double slip turnouts come in two flavors, left handed and right handed. Just looking at a double slip turnout, there does not seem (at least to the ignorant like me) that there is an obvious left or right handed approach to it. So what am I missing? Can anyone give me an understandable explanation that would allow me to incorporate one of these Rokuhan double slip turnouts into a layout without electrical problems?
        >
        > The double slips are a shorter line crossing a longer line, which way
        > around determines the "handedness" of them. It needs to be that way for
        > the geometry to work and to allow for the fact that if you have one in
        > something like a crossing between sets of straight lines the angled part
        > needs to be longer than the straight part.
        >
        > Alan

      • Harbormaster
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 22, 2013
          Jeff,