Re: News from the OWL´s nest

  • BAZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2013
      Ooooooo . . .     :)

      Please post pix of your new addition(s).

      I started a long module (1.5m) earlier this year for the World's Greatest Hobby show. It was planned to have an 'elevated' look but when I put the 5cm foam on it, a large chunk was broken off the edge. Since it looked just like coastal or washed-out river bank, it seemed natural to just leave it at that. So some quick earth paints for the show and hopefully soon some sand, water, people and details.

      I will split the long Z-Bend Track module in half (scenery break) so I can do some southwest desert, after seeing the Tucson layout and the OWL modules.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z Scale
      'The BAZ BoyZ'

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Oct 22, 2013, at 12:50 PM, "Jörg Hausmann" <joerghausi@...> wrote:

      Hello all of you,

      happy greetings from the OWL´s nest!

      I hope, you are doing fine over there. At the moment we are very busy in completing the coast line modules, the tide has come in to the bays. Now the Sea Lions have taken over their sandbank below the bridges...  The second big working place is our Summit module with the helix. There we have completed 2 of 3 tracks running uphill to the summit, first trains were on their way to the summit with some helper units.

      Last weekend we visited the fourth US Convention for US style modelrailroading, held in Rodgau, Germany. Peter Simon, a member of the US Z Lines "High Franks Division", presented his huge layout, the "Rock Forrest Line". It was a pleasure to see several trains with about 60 cars running on the tracks.

      In the meantime the date for the next "Altenbeken Show" has been fixed: It will be held on Saturday and Sunday, 29. and 30. of March, 2014. At this moment we are planning to have the wellknown operating session at the OWL´s nest, so please feel invited and warmly welcome.

      But there is another very interesting date for US Z scale modelers in 2014: The US Z Lines Europe will have their second meeting with all their divisions to built up a really huge layout with (almost) all of their existing modules! It will be held in a small town in northern Bavaria, Germany and will cover 8 days from Tuesday to Tuesday, including the last weekend in October!

      The meeting is to test our modules, have fun with running our trains on a huge layout with long distances and get experiences with this kind of presentation. It is not open to the public because of this "testing character", but special guests are warmly welcome to join the show and give feedback. Maybe we can change the "meeting" to the "First US Z Lines Convention" in a few years...

      If you have the opportunity to come for a visit, just let us know and we can give you more information.

      So far the news from good old Germany.

      Best wishes
      Joerg

    • Lee Barry