RE: New "Yahoo" WEB SOFTWARE IS GARBAGE

  • trainssd
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 30, 2013
      I went to the store and bought you 100 carriage returns. I'll send them by USPS for your next post ha ha! Seriously hard to read. Greg --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, <mpetach@...> wrote: I'm so sorry.  :( I can't speak on behalf of Yahoo! in any real capacity in a public forum like this; but I will say informally that people at yahoo really do care, and are actively listening to feedback.  None of the data should be gone, all the photos, etc. should still be there, even if during the rollout, they weren't accessible; after the rollback, you should have been able to see them again, just as you could beforehand.  People elsewhere in the thread have asked about how to get their input and feedback heard by Marissa--one area that is being actively followed by the Yahoo Groups team is http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/4276993-return-groups-format-to-prior-format-that-works It's been made clear that the upgrade is going to hapen; but bugs/usability issues that people raise will be investigated and addressed as much as possible.  The goal really is to try to make Groups better in the long run, even if there's some bumps and potholes in the road along the way.  Please hang in there, and if you have really serious issues or feedback, you can add your voices to the 14,000+ feedback messages at that URL that have been collected so far, and serious bugs/usability issues will be tracked and addressed as much as possible. Thank you so much for being patient and sticking with Yahoo Groups during the upgrade process! Matt (not speaking on behalf of anyone at all in any kind of official capacity of any sort in any way, so if anyone quotes me on this, we'll all disavow I was even here in the first place.) --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com , <sjbazman49@...> wrote: Yahoo just cleared 1 billion dead email accounts and other accounts so there's a good probability that some of these groups had a page or folder or something that was like 10 years old and never been accessed so there's a possibility some things were lost that way. Marissa has mandated faster leaner simpler software unfortunately the recent it mail upgrade is pathetically slow doesn't work well with most of the Internet Explorer browsers etc. With most all upgrading to HTML5 for more universal viewing and language there's always going to be problems.

      I'll find out more about the groups issue from an insider.

      Jeff

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Aug 28, 2013, at 7:11 AM, "Mark H." < markh3326@... > wrote:

      > I am a member of the yahoo group "GMF" which has been debating this
      > and so forth for weeks.
      >
      > I think if we all bear through it and let Yahoo un-bug things, it will
      > settle out.
      >
      > Yahoo *is* actively listening to feedback.
      >
      > Some issues have been dealt with by clearing cache and cookies and
      > even using a different browser. It seems the new Y1G (termed "Neo")
      > does not work in all browsers (yet).
      >
      > On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Reynard Wellman < micron@... > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi all in the model railroading community,
      > >
      > > Yahoo has changed their software and many of the "groups" images, picts, etc.
      > > are now lost. Some have been suggesting that we migrate to "Google" for
      > > our postings. I don't know. This is a sad, sad day for internet communication.
      > >
      > > Good luck to of us who are affected (infected?)
      > >
      > > Reynard
      > > http://www.micronart.com

    • kd79ctls
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 30, 2013

        i can't do have the thing i could before

        ---In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

        Not to mention it 'auto' CR in the middle of your sentence, abt 46 characters in.

        Now, the next trick is to see if it stops busting up long url's !!!

        Jeff

        Sent 'from the road'