Re: [Z_Scale] News Rokuhan Update and

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22 5:34 AM
      Garth, I also meant to mention the track, it is nice to see one of the "KATO" track imitators have finally decided to make it with a "super-elevated" outside rail. This a reason a lot of people would not use that type of track. Maybe this will kick MTL,Kato, and the others in the ass to make "super elevated rail" track also. Lee Barry

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22 9:42 AM
        They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.

        so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, tpalex <tpalex@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
        >
        > Alex
        >
        > On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:
        > >
        > > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
        > >
        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
        > >
        > > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
        > > Rokuhan.
        > > this video contains the following:-
        > >
        > > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
        > > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
        > > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
        > > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
        > > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
        > > what is new and what is coming.
        > >
        > > regards Garth

      • Ell
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22 11:28 AM
          A dependable working double-slip switch should make for some interesting layouts.
          In looking at the video, the banked track also looks like a winner. But, I would think a transition section would be needed to mate properly with unbanked track.

          Ell Geib

          > They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.
          >
          > so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, tpalex <tpalex@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
          > >
          > > Alex
          > >
          > > On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:
          > > >
          > > > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
          > > >
          > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
          > > >
          > > > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
          > > > Rokuhan.
          > > > this video contains the following:-
          > > >
          > > > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
          > > > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
          > > > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
          > > > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
          > > > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
          > > > what is new and what is coming.
          > > >
          > > > regards Garth

        • David Mummery
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22 11:39 AM
            My only compliant with the super elevated track is that they didn't do it to the 245 and 270mm curves.
            Other then that, LOVE IT!
            Dave

            Dave Mummery

            http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
            http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

            From: Ell <geib@...>
            Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:28:44
            To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: News Rokuhan Update and

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> , "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

            > They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.
            >
            > so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> , tpalex <tpalex@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
            > >
            > > Alex
            > >
            > > On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:
            > > >
            > > > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
            > > >
            > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
            > > >
            > > > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
            > > > Rokuhan.
            > > > this video contains the following:-
            > > >
            > > > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
            > > > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
            > > > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
            > > > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
            > > > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
            > > > what is new and what is coming.
            > > >
            > > > regards Garth

          • BAZ
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22 12:28 PM
              Just twist the adjoining track.

              Jeff

              Sent 'from the road'

              On Aug 22, 2013, at 11:28 AM, "Ell" <geib@...> wrote:

              > A dependable working double-slip switch should make for some interesting layouts.
              > In looking at the video, the banked track also looks like a winner. But, I would think a transition section would be needed to mate properly with unbanked track.
              >
              > Ell Geib
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.
              > >
              > > so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.
              > >
              > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, tpalex <tpalex@> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
              > > >
              > > > Alex

            • Garth
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22 12:51 PM
                Kato has had super elevated track in their line for some time in N scale.

                cheerz Garth