News Rokuhan Update and

  • Garth
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 21 3:42 PM
      new video from Rokuhan on you tube

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA

      Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by Rokuhan.
      this video contains the following:-

      Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220 mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
      Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
      Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
      Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing what is new and what is coming.

      regards Garth
    • tpalex
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22 3:04 AM
        Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?

        Alex

        On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:

        > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
        >
        > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
        > Rokuhan.
        > this video contains the following:-
        >
        > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
        > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
        > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
        > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
        > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
        > what is new and what is coming.
        >
        > regards Garth

      • Lee Barry
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22 5:11 AM
          Garth, thanks for sending this. Lee Barry

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22 5:34 AM
            Garth, I also meant to mention the track, it is nice to see one of the "KATO" track imitators have finally decided to make it with a "super-elevated" outside rail. This a reason a lot of people would not use that type of track. Maybe this will kick MTL,Kato, and the others in the ass to make "super elevated rail" track also. Lee Barry

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22 9:42 AM
              They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.

              so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, tpalex <tpalex@...> wrote:

              > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
              >
              > Alex
              >
              > On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:
              > >
              > > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
              > >
              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
              > >
              > > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
              > > Rokuhan.
              > > this video contains the following:-
              > >
              > > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
              > > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
              > > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
              > > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
              > > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
              > > what is new and what is coming.
              > >
              > > regards Garth

            • Ell
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22 11:28 AM
                A dependable working double-slip switch should make for some interesting layouts.
                In looking at the video, the banked track also looks like a winner. But, I would think a transition section would be needed to mate properly with unbanked track.

                Ell Geib

                > They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.
                >
                > so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.
                >
                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, tpalex <tpalex@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
                > >
                > > Alex
                > >
                > > On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:
                > > >
                > > > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
                > > >
                > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
                > > >
                > > > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
                > > > Rokuhan.
                > > > this video contains the following:-
                > > >
                > > > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
                > > > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
                > > > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
                > > > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
                > > > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
                > > > what is new and what is coming.
                > > >
                > > > regards Garth

              • David Mummery
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 22 11:39 AM
                  My only compliant with the super elevated track is that they didn't do it to the 245 and 270mm curves.
                  Other then that, LOVE IT!
                  Dave

                  Dave Mummery

                  http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
                  http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

                  From: Ell <geib@...>
                  Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:28:44
                  To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: News Rokuhan Update and

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> , "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

                  > They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.
                  >
                  > so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.
                  >
                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> , tpalex <tpalex@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
                  > >
                  > > Alex
                  > >
                  > > On 22/08/2013 00:42, Garth wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > new video from Rokuhan on you tube
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMPJdyEmA
                  > > >
                  > > > Z scale report of the 14 the annual Jam train show for 2013 made by
                  > > > Rokuhan.
                  > > > this video contains the following:-
                  > > >
                  > > > Introduction to banked track or super elevated track R 195 mm and R220
                  > > > mm from Rokuhan, This is an absolute first for Z scale
                  > > > Introduction of 13 degree double slip turnout
                  > > > Introduction of new EF66 locomotive and it many liveries.
                  > > > Plus a look at the booths of Rokuhan, Crown, Platz, Tenshodo, showing
                  > > > what is new and what is coming.
                  > > >
                  > > > regards Garth

                • BAZ
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 22 12:28 PM
                    Just twist the adjoining track.

                    Jeff

                    Sent 'from the road'

                    On Aug 22, 2013, at 11:28 AM, "Ell" <geib@...> wrote:

                    > A dependable working double-slip switch should make for some interesting layouts.
                    > In looking at the video, the banked track also looks like a winner. But, I would think a transition section would be needed to mate properly with unbanked track.
                    >
                    > Ell Geib
                    >
                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > They have worked hard and put allot into this piece to get this one right taking over 6 months in developement after first prototype shown in a video by Rokuhan. They have been showing a working model at NMRA in Atlanta first and now at Jam in Tokyo. so target is by years end but next hurdle is the first test shots and assembly and then testing to ensure. everything is in place and working as designed and expected.
                    > >
                    > > so no definite date available yet, but we will see about a 2 to 4 week lead announcement of when it will be released and available in Japan.
                    > >
                    > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, tpalex <tpalex@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Has anyone an update on the double slip turnout availability on the market?
                    > > >
                    > > > Alex

                  • Garth
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 22 12:51 PM
                      Kato has had super elevated track in their line for some time in N scale.

                      cheerz Garth