AZL Nickel Plate Mikados Now Available Direct

  • Robert Kluz
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2013
      American Z Line is offering exclusively to our loyal customers the Nickel Plate light Mikados. Two road numbers are available. They are 601 and 610. AZL is selling the Nickel Plate for $219.00. This includes domestic shipping and handling. International shipping is extra. This is a limited edition release. It is the only Mikado release that will be offered direct. All other Mikado road names are available through the AZL authorized dealer network.

      To order, please visit the page on the AZL page:

      [url]http://www.americanzline.com/locomotives/the-nickel-plate-road-mikado/%5b/url]

      Orders will be processed by AZL's distributor, Ztrack Distribution. The locomotives have been tested and are available for immediate shipping.

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.zscaletrack.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • rgminutillo
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2013
        I bought one and I'm glad I did. It's a wonderful looking beast and it runs well. But there's always a but...

        I'm not sure how a molded-on front coupler can be described as 'working.' Yes you can hook a car to it but since it is rigid, the car is likely to unhook itself on a curve or a grade, even a relatively gentle one. I wonder if anyone else has found the front coupler useful, and in what way?

        RGM

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

        > American Z Line is offering exclusively to our loyal customers the Nickel Plate light Mikados. Two road numbers are available. They are 601 and 610. AZL is selling the Nickel Plate for $219.00. This includes domestic shipping and handling. International shipping is extra. This is a limited edition release. It is the only Mikado release that will be offered direct. All other Mikado road names are available through the AZL authorized dealer network.
        >
        > To order, please visit the page on the AZL page:
        >
        > [url]http://www.americanzline.com/locomotives/the-nickel-plate-road-mikado/%5b/url]
        >
        > Orders will be processed by AZL's distributor, Ztrack Distribution. The locomotives have been tested and are available for immediate shipping.
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        > Distributor American Z Line
        > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
        > InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
        > www.ztrack.com
        > www.ztrackcenter.com
        > www.ztrackresale.com
        > www.zscaletrack.com
        > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
        > Dublin OH 43016
        > (614) 764-1703

      • Jeff Newburg
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2013
          Why would AZL make it like that? Seems bizarre.
          Jeff N.

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Robert Kluz
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17, 2013
            I have been able to double head with the coupler. But I agree that having it swing would be nice.

            It is not however body mount. You can pull it right out if you don't want to include the front coupler. This is a nice feature if you want a cleaner front to the loco.

            Rob

            On Aug 17, 2013, at 8:21 PM, rgminutillo <rgminutillo@...> wrote:

            > I bought one and I'm glad I did. It's a wonderful looking beast and it runs well. But there's always a but...
            >
            > I'm not sure how a molded-on front coupler can be described as 'working.' Yes you can hook a car to it but since it is rigid, the car is likely to unhook itself on a curve or a grade, even a relatively gentle one. I wonder if anyone else has found the front coupler useful, and in what way?
            >
            > RGM
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> American Z Line is offering exclusively to our loyal customers the Nickel Plate light Mikados. Two road numbers are available. They are 601 and 610. AZL is selling the Nickel Plate for $219.00. This includes domestic shipping and handling. International shipping is extra. This is a limited edition release. It is the only Mikado release that will be offered direct. All other Mikado road names are available through the AZL authorized dealer network.
            >>
            >> To order, please visit the page on the AZL page:
            >>
            >> [url]http://www.americanzline.com/locomotives/the-nickel-plate-road-mikado/%5b/url]
            >>
            >> Orders will be processed by AZL's distributor, Ztrack Distribution. The locomotives have been tested and are available for immediate shipping.
            >>
            >> Rob
            >>
            >> Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            >> Distributor American Z Line
            >> Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
            >> InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
            >> www.ztrack.com
            >> www.ztrackcenter.com
            >> www.ztrackresale.com
            >> www.zscaletrack.com
            >> 6142 Northcliff Blvd
            >> Dublin OH 43016
            >> (614) 764-1703

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor American Z Line
            Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
            InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
            www.ztrack.com
            www.ztrackcenter.com
            www.ztrackresale.com
            www.zscaletrack.com
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin OH 43016
            (614) 764-1703

          • BAZ
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 2013
              Could be like märklin's where it is a completely non-functional blob !

              Easily modified and to be honest *extremely* few are going to use the front coupler. Good decision on AZL's part to at least include it *and* let users modify as needed.

              Jeff

              Sent 'from the road'

              On Aug 17, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Jeff Newburg <jrnwbrg@...> wrote:

              > Why would AZL make it like that? Seems bizarre.
              > Jeff N.
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone

            • rgminutillo
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 18, 2013
                Double-heading is a little different than a straight nose-to-rolling stock push/pull configuration. Nevertheless, either way, I'm sure it work well in a straight line setup. But 'pull it out' will probably be my long term choice; too tempting otherwise to try to use it.

                BTW, a diagram or instruction sheet indicating that choice would have been nice to have.

                It is a sharp looking loco, though...