Re: [Z_Scale] Rokuhan News

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2013
      ce sets I like the blue best; hmm wonder what the price will be. Rokuhan and expensive means the same I guess. It is probably out of my tax bracket anyway.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2013
        On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:33:07 -0400
        Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

        > Ron you would be surprised. There is quite a lot of interest in Japanese locomotives and rolling stock here in the US. We have done very well selling Tenshodo steam locomotives and rolling stock. We also have done quite well with the Rokuhan diesels and are looking forward to the freight car releases which are being shipped to us this week.
        >
        > There are quite a few Z scaler who just love the scale and model it, no matter what the prototype!

        And those of us who are interested in the mechanisms, track, parts and of
        course increasingly companies like Hitachi are building trains for the
        rest of the world to their designs. The UK "Javelin" 140mph trains are
        for example based on the Hitachi 'A' train and 400 Shinkansen.

        Alan
      • Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2013
          With respect, there are other readers of this list besides those who model
          to US prototypes.
          I recognise the North American contributers dominate the conversation but I
          would suggest there are plenty of European and other Z scale modellers on
          this list.
          And even if it were a list that only accepted posts on US prototypes, is
          the flood of Z scale news so overwhelming that news of some new gear is
          unwelcome?
          Regards,
          Michael
          (In Australia)

        • Robert Kluz
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2013
            Michael,

            This forum is open to new and information for all markets. Our only rule is that is must be Z scale and Z scale related.

            What we are seeing here is the influx of new products for the US and Japanese market. It is definitely dominating the conversions. But again, all topics are open!

            Rob

            On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Michael Skeggs mike@... <mike@...> wrote:

            > With respect, there are other readers of this list besides those who model
            > to US prototypes.
            > I recognise the North American contributers dominate the conversation but I
            > would suggest there are plenty of European and other Z scale modellers on
            > this list.
            > And even if it were a list that only accepted posts on US prototypes, is
            > the flood of Z scale news so overwhelming that news of some new gear is
            > unwelcome?
            > Regards,
            > Michael
            > (In Australia)

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor American Z Line
            Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
            InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
            www.ztrack.com
            www.ztrackcenter.com
            www.ztrackresale.com
            www.zscaletrack.com
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin OH 43016
            (614) 764-1703

          • Garth
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 16, 2013
              Pricing from Hobby Search in Japan is

              191.53 for add on 5 car set with power car
              59.01 for add on set with two cars to fill empty slot in original 4 car set case
              8.08 for light board for these cars

              These sets have not hit the Intermountain new releases list yet on their site. but the starter sets have shown up on the monthly news sheet from Intermountain so maybe next month and they should be here in November.

              regards Garth