Re: [Z_Scale] Rokuhan News

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 6 4:57 PM
      ce sets I like the blue best; hmm wonder what the price will be. Rokuhan and expensive means the same I guess. It is probably out of my tax bracket anyway.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 7 3:16 AM
        On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:33:07 -0400
        Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

        > Ron you would be surprised. There is quite a lot of interest in Japanese locomotives and rolling stock here in the US. We have done very well selling Tenshodo steam locomotives and rolling stock. We also have done quite well with the Rokuhan diesels and are looking forward to the freight car releases which are being shipped to us this week.
        >
        > There are quite a few Z scaler who just love the scale and model it, no matter what the prototype!

        And those of us who are interested in the mechanisms, track, parts and of
        course increasingly companies like Hitachi are building trains for the
        rest of the world to their designs. The UK "Javelin" 140mph trains are
        for example based on the Hitachi 'A' train and 400 Shinkansen.

        Alan
      • Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 7 4:03 PM
          With respect, there are other readers of this list besides those who model
          to US prototypes.
          I recognise the North American contributers dominate the conversation but I
          would suggest there are plenty of European and other Z scale modellers on
          this list.
          And even if it were a list that only accepted posts on US prototypes, is
          the flood of Z scale news so overwhelming that news of some new gear is
          unwelcome?
          Regards,
          Michael
          (In Australia)

        • Robert Kluz
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 7 4:10 PM
            Michael,

            This forum is open to new and information for all markets. Our only rule is that is must be Z scale and Z scale related.

            What we are seeing here is the influx of new products for the US and Japanese market. It is definitely dominating the conversions. But again, all topics are open!

            Rob

            On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Michael Skeggs mike@... <mike@...> wrote:

            > With respect, there are other readers of this list besides those who model
            > to US prototypes.
            > I recognise the North American contributers dominate the conversation but I
            > would suggest there are plenty of European and other Z scale modellers on
            > this list.
            > And even if it were a list that only accepted posts on US prototypes, is
            > the flood of Z scale news so overwhelming that news of some new gear is
            > unwelcome?
            > Regards,
            > Michael
            > (In Australia)

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor American Z Line
            Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
            InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
            www.ztrack.com
            www.ztrackcenter.com
            www.ztrackresale.com
            www.zscaletrack.com
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin OH 43016
            (614) 764-1703

          • Garth
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 16 8:02 AM
              Pricing from Hobby Search in Japan is

              191.53 for add on 5 car set with power car
              59.01 for add on set with two cars to fill empty slot in original 4 car set case
              8.08 for light board for these cars

              These sets have not hit the Intermountain new releases list yet on their site. but the starter sets have shown up on the monthly news sheet from Intermountain so maybe next month and they should be here in November.

              regards Garth

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Lee Barry <z_scale2@...> wrote:

              > ce sets I like the blue best; hmm wonder what the price will be. Rokuhan and expensive means the same I guess. It is probably out of my tax bracket anyway.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • garthah
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 10 9:05 AM

                more advanced programming on E-Controller, discrete write to CVs view individual CVs  control turntable  and turnouts

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-y-tIAvCMM&feature=youtu.be

                controller to be released in Japan in August

              • martin soll
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 10 9:10 AM
                  Any word about if/when Rokuhan will release their Z Scale double cross-over? They announced it was in development several years ago.

                  Marty in Estacada, Oregon
                  N & Z Scale

                  On Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:05 AM, "garth.a.hamilton@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  more advanced programming on E-Controller, discrete write to CVs view individual CVs  control turntable  and turnouts

                  controller to be released in Japan in August

                • Don Avila

                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 11 8:26 AM
                      Don In the original  testing of the Rokuhan turntable, The Rokuhan turntable controller was programmed to respond to the turnout button on a digitrax Zephyr DCC  unit, opening the points turned the table one position in one direction and closing the  points turned the table in the other direction one position, no programming required. This was shown in a Rokuhan video of the turntable. I was never able to get my power cab to operate the turntable from the handheld unit even with the CV number supplied, With the Rokuhan turntable controller connected to DCC track power it worked fine to control the  turntable. The turnout button feature is, I believe unique to digitrax, I have not heard of anyone finding a solution to that on other DCC systems, until Rokuhan included it, in their app for the E-controller.

                      regards Garth
                    • Alan Cox
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 11 12:56 PM
                        On 11 Aug 2017 15:26:20 +0000
                        "garth.a.hamilton@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        > Don In the original testing of the Rokuhan turntable, The Rokuhan turntable controller was programmed to respond to the turnout button on a digitrax Zephyr DCC unit, opening the points turned the table one position in one direction and closing the points turned the table in the other direction one position, no programming required. This was shown in a Rokuhan video of the turntable. I was never able to get my power cab to operate the turntable from the handheld unit even with the CV number supplied, With the Rokuhan turntable controller connected to DCC track power it worked fine to control the turntable. The turnout button feature is, I believe unique to digitrax, I have not heard of anyone finding a solution to that on other DCC systems, until Rokuhan included it, in their app for the E-controller.

                        The Digitrax accessory control for points/switches is absolutely
                        standard so if it works any other interface supporting the same DCC
                        standard should also work assuming everything involved is spec compliant.

                        The important thing to realise is that the accessory control protocol and
                        CV numbers are *not* the same as the ones for controlling a locomotive.

                        Alan
                      • SJ BAZ-man
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 11 4:42 PM
                          You say with the NCE you used a CV, you likely would had to use the ACCessory button, entered an Address.
                          Otherwise, the only way to change a CV is Program on the Main (Esc Enter).

                          Jeff
                          SF Bay Area Z
                          Niles Depot - N scale

                          On 11 Aug 2017 15:26:20 +0000

                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 13 11:13 AM
                            I  said even with the CV number known  I could not control turntable with the NCE power cab. entering the CV to program brings no response from the device no numeric value is stored there. assigning it to a function button brings no response.  If we had more technical data on how the Digitrax point function works then maybe we could find a way on other systems but at present the Digitrax method is proprietary . Every other DCC system  requires a stationary decoder., but no decoder is required with the Rokuhan control box on the digitrax DCC layout to operate the Rokuhan  turntable as the box has it own decoder also proprietary . I believe the address is 200. You still need a stationary decoder with digitrax to control turnouts points, and when  programming the decoder it offers addresses and commands to control the points, the Rokuhan decoder does not do this.
                          • SJ BAZ-man
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 13 12:35 PM
                              Well, NMRA standards are applied to the Track. If Digitrax uses a 'Close' (Normal on NCE) or 'Open' (Reverse on NCE), it is a Switch (Accessory) command. Digitrax still has to enter an address for that Switch, then the Close or Open button.

                              If the Rokuhan is address 200, then it should be able to do the same on the NCE with Accessor > 200> 1 (Normal) or 2 (Reversed).

                              Jeff
                              SF Bay Area Z
                              Niles Depot - N scale

                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 14 5:53 AM
                                On 13 Aug 2017 18:13:49 +0000
                                "garth.a.hamilton@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                > I said even with the CV number known I could not control turntable with the NCE power cab. entering the CV to program brings no response from the device no numeric value is stored there. assigning it to a function button brings no response. If we had more technical data on how the Digitrax point function works then maybe we could find a way on other systems

                                We know exactly how it works. It's detailed in the NMRA standard. It's
                                not a proprietary feature.

                                Alan
                              • garthah
                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 15 8:40 AM
                                  okay Alan you know how it works, so, can you tell us how  it works on an NCE system or Lenz system.

                                  regards Garth
                                • Alan Cox
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 15 2:39 PM
                                    On 15 Aug 2017 15:40:59 +0000
                                    "garth.a.hamilton@... [z_scale]" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                    > okay Alan you know how it works, so, can you tell us how it works on an NCE system or Lenz system.

                                    I'm not familiar with the controls on those systems. You need to find
                                    however you do accessory/static decoder control on them (if they support
                                    it) and use that.

                                    If I remember rightly for the Lenz LH100 it was key in the number and hit
                                    + or - but it's a long time since I used one. Lenz turnout decoders and
                                    Lenz controllers do use the same standard turnout control (and indeed
                                    I've mixed and matched the LS150 and DS52 with the same controller)

                                    For NCE powercab I am told it's "select accy" key, then the number, then
                                    enter then 1 or 2 for on/off.

                                    Alan
                                  • Robert Kluz
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Today at 2:00 PM
                                      Marty the double slip was released last year. You can order them here:

                                      or

                                      Rob

                                      Follow us on Facebook!

                                      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                                      Distributor for American Z Line
                                      Full Throttle & Rokuhan
                                      Authorized MTL, InterMountain
                                      and Tenshodo dealer.
                                      6142 Northcliff Blvd
                                      Dublin OH 43016
                                      (614) 764-1703

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Today at 4:36 PM
                                                R034/R035 are double-slips. ... both packs contain the same double-slip switch, but each pack has two 53.6 trimmed sections depending on which way you intend to join it into the layout as a left (R034) or as a right (R035).

                                                R078 is the double crossover. It crosses over two parallel tracks at a 25mm spacing.

                                                These are different geometries.

                                                But, yes, the Rokuhan Crossover has been released for quite some time now. R078 (classic ties) or R082 (concrete ties)
                                              • Larry Card
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Today at 4:40 PM

                                                  Definitely different. Double slip is a diamond that has turnouts built into it (R068/R069), double crossover is two parallel tracks that has turnouts between them (R078/R082). I see that Rokuhan has both now, very nice.

                                                  I wish Rokuhan would release track in 100mm increments, I'm using it on T-TRAK modules for narrow gauge and it would be easier than cutting them, which is what I'm doing with it now. I do see they have 440mm straight track now though. Also, just for the record, their power feeds are hideous and you can't solder to their steel rail joiners, which makes it kind of tough to put power to the rails without the hideous power feeds.

                                                  V/R
                                                  Larry P. Card
                                                  Franklinton NC
                                                     ___________

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Today at 5:07 PM
                                                    You mean this one that's been available for the last year plus:
                                                    Available from many dealers with a simple search of "rokuhan double crossover"

                                                    Jeff
                                                    SF Bay Area Z
                                                    Niles Depot - N scale