Re: [Z_Scale] Rokuhan News

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2013
      ce sets I like the blue best; hmm wonder what the price will be. Rokuhan and expensive means the same I guess. It is probably out of my tax bracket anyway.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2013
        There is a number who are interested in the Japanese prototype even if it just as a parts source for other Z scale projects. Sales are stronger in Europe than in North America, Rokuhan has not given up on North America yet. They have put considerable in development in Japan and that is paying off, and Toytec Rokuhan's parent is doing well in the toy market so they are creating funds for further Z development.

        without that interest,here in Tenshodo and Rokuhan, there would be no reason for Rokuhan to consider doing anything North American.

        There was allot going on behind the scenes at Atlanta and I think it is now a case of when Rokuhan does something North American not "IF" aside from that I can say no more. The video of the their new EF66 shows they have produced an engine with some muscle which bodes well for anything they do for US market. I am still pushing for a dummy knuckle to replace the Rapido, which is the standard for the Japanese Market, and I am pretty sure that is in development now.

        as to the 113 add on cars the 4 car set has the extra motor car and and come in it a book case sleeve. the 2 extra cars, will fit into the bookcase sleeve for the original 4 car set. So still eleven cars with 2 power cars available soon.

        regards Garth

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "ronaldjhurley" <rhurley@...> wrote:

        > Garth,
        >
        > With respect, and I do mean respect as you dispense wonderful advice about our favorite scale, but how many American Z scalers care about Japanese rail stock?
        >
        > Rokuhan has done a great job with track and hopefully their talents will be applied to producing U.S. prototypes.
        >
        > Please, no offense intended, but Japanese rolling stock must be a tiny market here.
        >
        > ron
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@> wrote:
        > >
        > > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/08/release-of-113-series-extension-set.html
        > >
        > > The above link shows a video of the additional cars in sets of 2 and 5 that will be available starting in September in Japan for e their 113-2000 Shonan colour of Japan West and Yokosuka 113-1500 colour scheme of Japan West, allowing one to create a complete eleven car train in either colour scheme. In the 2 care add on sets one car is a second powered car. All cars can be lit with the addition of their A009 lighting kit.
        > >
        > > cheerz Garth

      • Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2013
          On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:33:07 -0400
          Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

          > Ron you would be surprised. There is quite a lot of interest in Japanese locomotives and rolling stock here in the US. We have done very well selling Tenshodo steam locomotives and rolling stock. We also have done quite well with the Rokuhan diesels and are looking forward to the freight car releases which are being shipped to us this week.
          >
          > There are quite a few Z scaler who just love the scale and model it, no matter what the prototype!

          And those of us who are interested in the mechanisms, track, parts and of
          course increasingly companies like Hitachi are building trains for the
          rest of the world to their designs. The UK "Javelin" 140mph trains are
          for example based on the Hitachi 'A' train and 400 Shinkansen.

          Alan
        • Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2013
            With respect, there are other readers of this list besides those who model
            to US prototypes.
            I recognise the North American contributers dominate the conversation but I
            would suggest there are plenty of European and other Z scale modellers on
            this list.
            And even if it were a list that only accepted posts on US prototypes, is
            the flood of Z scale news so overwhelming that news of some new gear is
            unwelcome?
            Regards,
            Michael
            (In Australia)

          • Robert Kluz
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2013
              Michael,

              This forum is open to new and information for all markets. Our only rule is that is must be Z scale and Z scale related.

              What we are seeing here is the influx of new products for the US and Japanese market. It is definitely dominating the conversions. But again, all topics are open!

              Rob

              On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Michael Skeggs mike@... <mike@...> wrote:

              > With respect, there are other readers of this list besides those who model
              > to US prototypes.
              > I recognise the North American contributers dominate the conversation but I
              > would suggest there are plenty of European and other Z scale modellers on
              > this list.
              > And even if it were a list that only accepted posts on US prototypes, is
              > the flood of Z scale news so overwhelming that news of some new gear is
              > unwelcome?
              > Regards,
              > Michael
              > (In Australia)

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              Distributor American Z Line
              Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
              InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
              www.ztrack.com
              www.ztrackcenter.com
              www.ztrackresale.com
              www.zscaletrack.com
              6142 Northcliff Blvd
              Dublin OH 43016
              (614) 764-1703

            • Garth
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 16, 2013
                Pricing from Hobby Search in Japan is

                191.53 for add on 5 car set with power car
                59.01 for add on set with two cars to fill empty slot in original 4 car set case
                8.08 for light board for these cars

                These sets have not hit the Intermountain new releases list yet on their site. but the starter sets have shown up on the monthly news sheet from Intermountain so maybe next month and they should be here in November.

                regards Garth