AZL NTS Product Announcements

  • Robert Kluz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
      American Z Line has showcased a number of new products during the National Train Show in Atlanta.

      AZL announced two new cars for their passenger car series. The first is Pullman Heavyweight 3-2 observation cars. These will be available winter of 2013/2014. They are planned to be released in Pullman green, Pullman two-tone, PRR, SP, C&NW, Southern, NYC, UP, L&N, Wabash, GN, D&RGW, ATSF and Milwaukee. Additionally, AZL will be offering Heavyweight RPOs. No release date as been announced.

      Samples of ACF "Whale Belly" 33k gallon LPG tank cars were shown. These will be available winter of 2013/2014.

      A M109 self propelled howitzer was shown. This is AZL first venture into military loads. It will be released with RTTX 89' flat cars.

      The announcement sheet for these items can be downloaded at:

      http://www.ztrack.com/pdf/AZL%20NTS%202013%20New%20Items.pdf

      Shells for the F3A and F7s were on display. No release date has been announced.

      AZL displayed their impending new releases of GP7s, GP9s and SD70 series of locomotives.

      Four new GP7s were displayed. These were Rio Grande, WP, ATSF and Burlington.

      Four GP9s were previewed. The GP9 is all new tooling. The roads shown were NYC, MP, Milwaukee Rd and SP.

      Look for prototype specific details on these locomotives such as torpedo tubes, dynamic/non-dynamic brake fans, horn placement and skirting.

      The new run of SD70Ms and SD75i were on display. AZL is bringing back the UP 'flag' SD70M with flared radiators. Also coming back is the BNSF SD75i in heritage 2 colors. New to the line will be ATSF, SP, NS (flared radiators), CSX (dark future), CSX in gray (not shown) and Susquehanna.

      Finally, AZL showed their all new SD70s with standard cabs. On display were IC, CN, NS and Conrail.

      We are anticipating releasing the GP7s and SD70s beginning in August if all expected shipments arrive as planned. Photos of many of these new items will be posted online as well as appear in the Ztrack Magazine show report.

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.zscaletrack.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Paul Lipiarski
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
        Hi Rob,
        It's becoming a "Beautiful day in  zneighborhood" as Mr Rogers might have said. Love the PRR, NYC and B&O listings.
        Breathing heavy for the RPO cars. Oh Boy, life is good both for Z and here in Minneapolis.
        Yours Paul Lip
        the old Zedhed

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
          This is great. More and more heavyweights to pull behind new Mikados and a major expansion in the Diesel line !

          Congrats and a BIG thanks !

          Jeff

          Sent 'from the road'

          On Jul 23, 2013, at 5:51 AM, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

          > American Z Line has showcased a number of new products during the National Train Show in Atlanta.
          >
          > AZL announced two new cars for their passenger car series. The first is Pullman Heavyweight 3-2 observation cars. These will be available winter of 2013/2014. They are planned to be released in Pullman green, Pullman two-tone, PRR, SP, C&NW, Southern, NYC, UP, L&N, Wabash, GN, D&RGW, ATSF and Milwaukee. Additionally, AZL will be offering Heavyweight RPOs. No release date as been announced.
          >
          > Samples of ACF "Whale Belly" 33k gallon LPG tank cars were shown. These will be available winter of 2013/2014.
          >
          > A M109 self propelled howitzer was shown. This is AZL first venture into military loads. It will be released with RTTX 89' flat cars.
          >
          > The announcement sheet for these items can be downloaded at:
          >
          > http://www.ztrack.com/pdf/AZL%20NTS%202013%20New%20Items.pdf
          >
          > Shells for the F3A and F7s were on display. No release date has been announced.
          >
          > AZL displayed their impending new releases of GP7s, GP9s and SD70 series of locomotives.
          >
          > Four new GP7s were displayed. These were Rio Grande, WP, ATSF and Burlington.
          >
          > Four GP9s were previewed. The GP9 is all new tooling. The roads shown were NYC, MP, Milwaukee Rd and SP.
          >
          > Look for prototype specific details on these locomotives such as torpedo tubes, dynamic/non-dynamic brake fans, horn placement and skirting.
          >
          > The new run of SD70Ms and SD75i were on display. AZL is bringing back the UP 'flag' SD70M with flared radiators. Also coming back is the BNSF SD75i in heritage 2 colors. New to the line will be ATSF, SP, NS (flared radiators), CSX (dark future), CSX in gray (not shown) and Susquehanna.
          >
          > Finally, AZL showed their all new SD70s with standard cabs. On display were IC, CN, NS and Conrail.
          >
          > We are anticipating releasing the GP7s and SD70s beginning in August if all expected shipments arrive as planned. Photos of many of these new items will be posted online as well as appear in the Ztrack Magazine show report.
          >
          > Rob
          >
          > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          > Distributor American Z Line
          > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
          > InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
          > www.ztrack.com
          > www.ztrackcenter.com
          > www.ztrackresale.com
          > www.zscaletrack.com
          > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
          > Dublin OH 43016
          > (614) 764-1703

        • leeinak
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
            Great news Rob. It really is Christmas in July!

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

            > American Z Line has showcased a number of new products during the National Train Show in Atlanta.
            >
            > AZL announced two new cars for their passenger car series. The first is Pullman Heavyweight 3-2 observation cars. These will be available winter of 2013/2014. They are planned to be released in Pullman green, Pullman two-tone, PRR, SP, C&NW, Southern, NYC, UP, L&N, Wabash, GN, D&RGW, ATSF and Milwaukee. Additionally, AZL will be offering Heavyweight RPOs. No release date as been announced.
            >
            > Samples of ACF "Whale Belly" 33k gallon LPG tank cars were shown. These will be available winter of 2013/2014.
            >
            > A M109 self propelled howitzer was shown. This is AZL first venture into military loads. It will be released with RTTX 89' flat cars.
            >
            > The announcement sheet for these items can be downloaded at:
            >
            > http://www.ztrack.com/pdf/AZL%20NTS%202013%20New%20Items.pdf
            >
            > Shells for the F3A and F7s were on display. No release date has been announced.
            >
            > AZL displayed their impending new releases of GP7s, GP9s and SD70 series of locomotives.
            >
            > Four new GP7s were displayed. These were Rio Grande, WP, ATSF and Burlington.
            >
            > Four GP9s were previewed. The GP9 is all new tooling. The roads shown were NYC, MP, Milwaukee Rd and SP.
            >
            > Look for prototype specific details on these locomotives such as torpedo tubes, dynamic/non-dynamic brake fans, horn placement and skirting.
            >
            > The new run of SD70Ms and SD75i were on display. AZL is bringing back the UP 'flag' SD70M with flared radiators. Also coming back is the BNSF SD75i in heritage 2 colors. New to the line will be ATSF, SP, NS (flared radiators), CSX (dark future), CSX in gray (not shown) and Susquehanna.
            >
            > Finally, AZL showed their all new SD70s with standard cabs. On display were IC, CN, NS and Conrail.
            >
            > We are anticipating releasing the GP7s and SD70s beginning in August if all expected shipments arrive as planned. Photos of many of these new items will be posted online as well as appear in the Ztrack Magazine show report.
            >
            > Rob
            >

            > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            > Distributor American Z Line
            > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
            > InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
            > www.ztrack.com
            > www.ztrackcenter.com
            > www.ztrackresale.com
            > www.zscaletrack.com
            > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
            > Dublin OH 43016
            > (614) 764-1703

          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
              The only trouble I have with all this good news is.............the lack of
              enough money to buy everything I want. :o(

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 29, 2013
                We have put up photos of most of the new items announced during the NTS. Check out the link at:

                http://www.americanzline.com/azl-news/2013-national-train-show-news/

                There are some real beauties coming!

                Rob