Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Budd passenger cars? TOFC?

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
      Loen
      Read your post, and have but one thing to say "cute is a four letter word".
      Had that one pulled on me at this years NTS
      Ed Scullin

      ________________________________
      From: Brian
      Date: 7/22/2013 9:13:25 AM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Budd passenger cars? TOFC?

      Mark, Dom, Malcolm, thank you for the information. It is helpful.

      Like so many others have already done, I'm gearing up a tiny cottage
      business. I use 2D/3D software to draw and proof my project items, cut
      pieces on a CNC mill and CNC lathe, build the master and move on to the
      casting shop (resin and metal).

      I'm trying to get a sense of what Z scale is about, and whether there's a
      need/desire for a resin caster to do a bit of work in the scale, that is,
      include Z scale with the other scales in which I intend to work.

      I need many different trailer types for the N scale CGW layout I'm building
      and for the TT scale modules I plan to construct.

      Thanks much,

      Brian Chapman
      Evansdale, Iowa

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
        Ed,

        I don't mind the term 'cute', but I know it bothers some folks. I think
        they are cute or neat or cool or whatever you wish to describe them as.
        Main objective at train shows is to share the excitement and enjoyment of
        our hobby with the viewing public, hoping our enjoyment will be a bit
        contagious and rub off on others.

        I'm willing to wager the one using the term 'cute' was of the female
        persuasion?

        Loren

        Read your post, and have but one thing to say "cute is a four letter word".
        Had that one pulled on me at this years NTS
        Ed Scullin

      • John C. La Rue, Jr.
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
          "Cute" is the most common term among the ladies and is probably the reason there are so many women in Z. The term among the kids is "cool"; nothing odd about that as "cool" has been the universal term for approval since I was a kid and that was over 50 years ago.

          As for the men, remarks like: "Maybe if you water it, it will grow" seem to be more the norm.

          John C. La Rue, Jr.
          Bonita Springs, FL