Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Budd passenger cars? TOFC?

  • BAZ
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
      If you make the quality stuff, it generally sells into the low hundreds in our Z scale. TOFC's are great and, there have been several produced. A few limited cast metal and the commercial AZL's. However, there are no trailers !!!! Tractor's we can get away with some RP's (3D printers) but the trailers just don't look right when RP'd.

      Jeff

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:26 AM, "Brian" <cornbeltroute@...> wrote:

      > Loren,
      >
      > Terrific post, thank you!
      >
      > Z scale is ahead of TT scale in products available, but both groups, it's clear to me, are brothers in arms - devoted to its scale, and highly enthusiastic to boot.
      >
      > I'll do my best with my Z scale masters and the Z scale community will pass judgment. Hope my best is good enough.
      >
      > -Brian Chapman
      > Evansdale, Iowa

    • Edward Scullin
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
        Loen
        Read your post, and have but one thing to say "cute is a four letter word".
        Had that one pulled on me at this years NTS
        Ed Scullin

        ________________________________
        From: Brian
        Date: 7/22/2013 9:13:25 AM
        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Budd passenger cars? TOFC?

        Mark, Dom, Malcolm, thank you for the information. It is helpful.

        Like so many others have already done, I'm gearing up a tiny cottage
        business. I use 2D/3D software to draw and proof my project items, cut
        pieces on a CNC mill and CNC lathe, build the master and move on to the
        casting shop (resin and metal).

        I'm trying to get a sense of what Z scale is about, and whether there's a
        need/desire for a resin caster to do a bit of work in the scale, that is,
        include Z scale with the other scales in which I intend to work.

        I need many different trailer types for the N scale CGW layout I'm building
        and for the TT scale modules I plan to construct.

        Thanks much,

        Brian Chapman
        Evansdale, Iowa

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
          Ed,

          I don't mind the term 'cute', but I know it bothers some folks. I think
          they are cute or neat or cool or whatever you wish to describe them as.
          Main objective at train shows is to share the excitement and enjoyment of
          our hobby with the viewing public, hoping our enjoyment will be a bit
          contagious and rub off on others.

          I'm willing to wager the one using the term 'cute' was of the female
          persuasion?

          Loren

          Read your post, and have but one thing to say "cute is a four letter word".
          Had that one pulled on me at this years NTS
          Ed Scullin

        • John C. La Rue, Jr.
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
            "Cute" is the most common term among the ladies and is probably the reason there are so many women in Z. The term among the kids is "cool"; nothing odd about that as "cool" has been the universal term for approval since I was a kid and that was over 50 years ago.

            As for the men, remarks like: "Maybe if you water it, it will grow" seem to be more the norm.

            John C. La Rue, Jr.
            Bonita Springs, FL