Re: Rokuhan track

  • Forest B
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 22 6:58 AM
      I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track

      Forest

      Rokuhan track--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

      > I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.
      >
      > The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.
      >
      > Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.
      >
      > Greg
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
      > >
      > > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan
      > >
      > > ________________________________

    • Gardenrails
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22 10:16 AM
        (edited by mod to remove old post)

        I don't believe they are. I have quite a bit of the MT track and switches that I am going to have to sell because I have made the change over to Rokuhan. The driving factors fore were the much larger assortment of track, the power diverting and their control systems. The wider tie spacing for my taste look better and the appearance of the switches is better.

        Mack

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 22, 2013, at 9:58 AM, "Forest B" <forestbevins@...> wrote:

        > I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track
        >
        > Forest
      • Greg Elmassian
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22 12:07 PM
          Thanks Mack, went outside and looked.

          You are right, the 056 is concrete ties.

          Not real happy my supplier gave me a mix of concrete and wood ties in the SAME order!

          Greg

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gardenrails <gardenrails@...> wrote:

          > The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.
          >
          > Mack
        • Gardenrails
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 22 12:29 PM
            The Intermountain web site is a good place to look as it has everything listed with a PC before the track with the concrete ties.

            Mack

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jul 22, 2013, at 3:07 PM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Mack, went outside and looked.
            >
            > You are right, the 056 is concrete ties.
            >
            > Not real happy my supplier gave me a mix of concrete and wood ties in the SAME order!
            >
            > Greg
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gardenrails <gardenrails@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.
            > >
            > > Mack

          • Edward Scullin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22 1:51 PM
              Without getting out the Micrometer, Isn't there a slight variation in rail height between all 4 of the track manufacturers (Marklin, MTL, Rokuhan and Peco)
              Ed Scullin

              ________________________________
              I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track

              Forest

              Rokuhan track--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

              > I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.
              >
              > The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.
              >
              > Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.
              >
              > Greg
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
              > >
              > > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan

            • smholt1487
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 27 12:21 PM
                There is some differences in the trackheight. I did some measumerements some years ago, you can find it here(Only MTL, Märklin and Peco):

                http://www.platelayer.com/z-scale-track-dimensions.aspx

                I combine all 3 types, and I have also used some Rokuhan turnouts With some MTL track on my last layout.

                regards,
                Svein-Martin Holt
                www.platelayer.com