Re: [Z_Scale] Rokuhan track number confusion - help

  • Gardenrails
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21, 2013
      The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.

      Mack

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 21, 2013, at 3:54 PM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

      > Well, I'm making a figure 8 for testing locos.
      >
      > With all the incomplete literature, I decided to make a list of part numbers.
      >
      > What is the situation with R015 and R056? Both seem to be 6 pieces of 270mm radius track, 30 degrees... can anyone shed any light on this?
      >
      > Here's my web page with my Rokuhan "meanderings"
      >
      > http://www.elmassian.com/z-scale-trains/z-track/rokuhan-track
      >
      > Greg

    • thomas cipelle
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 21, 2013
        Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually

        ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
          I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.

          The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.

          Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.

          Greg

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@...> wrote:

          > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
          >
          > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Forest B
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
            I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track

            Forest

            Rokuhan track--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

            > I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.
            >
            > The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.
            >
            > Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.
            >
            > Greg
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
            > >
            > > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan
            > >
            > > ________________________________

          • Gardenrails
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
              (edited by mod to remove old post)

              I don't believe they are. I have quite a bit of the MT track and switches that I am going to have to sell because I have made the change over to Rokuhan. The driving factors fore were the much larger assortment of track, the power diverting and their control systems. The wider tie spacing for my taste look better and the appearance of the switches is better.

              Mack

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jul 22, 2013, at 9:58 AM, "Forest B" <forestbevins@...> wrote:

              > I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track
              >
              > Forest
            • Greg Elmassian
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                Thanks Mack, went outside and looked.

                You are right, the 056 is concrete ties.

                Not real happy my supplier gave me a mix of concrete and wood ties in the SAME order!

                Greg

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gardenrails <gardenrails@...> wrote:

                > The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.
                >
                > Mack
              • Gardenrails
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                  The Intermountain web site is a good place to look as it has everything listed with a PC before the track with the concrete ties.

                  Mack

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Jul 22, 2013, at 3:07 PM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Mack, went outside and looked.
                  >
                  > You are right, the 056 is concrete ties.
                  >
                  > Not real happy my supplier gave me a mix of concrete and wood ties in the SAME order!
                  >
                  > Greg
                  >
                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gardenrails <gardenrails@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.
                  > >
                  > > Mack

                • Edward Scullin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                    Without getting out the Micrometer, Isn't there a slight variation in rail height between all 4 of the track manufacturers (Marklin, MTL, Rokuhan and Peco)
                    Ed Scullin

                    ________________________________
                    I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track

                    Forest

                    Rokuhan track--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

                    > I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.
                    >
                    > The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.
                    >
                    > Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.
                    >
                    > Greg
                    >
                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
                    > >
                    > > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan

                  • smholt1487
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 27, 2013
                      There is some differences in the trackheight. I did some measumerements some years ago, you can find it here(Only MTL, Märklin and Peco):

                      http://www.platelayer.com/z-scale-track-dimensions.aspx

                      I combine all 3 types, and I have also used some Rokuhan turnouts With some MTL track on my last layout.

                      regards,
                      Svein-Martin Holt
                      www.platelayer.com