Rokuhan track number confusion - help

  • Greg Elmassian
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21, 2013
      Well, I'm making a figure 8 for testing locos.

      With all the incomplete literature, I decided to make a list of part numbers.

      What is the situation with R015 and R056? Both seem to be 6 pieces of 270mm radius track, 30 degrees... can anyone shed any light on this?

      Here's my web page with my Rokuhan "meanderings"

      http://www.elmassian.com/z-scale-trains/z-track/rokuhan-track

      Greg
    • Gardenrails
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 21, 2013
        The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.

        Mack

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 21, 2013, at 3:54 PM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

        > Well, I'm making a figure 8 for testing locos.
        >
        > With all the incomplete literature, I decided to make a list of part numbers.
        >
        > What is the situation with R015 and R056? Both seem to be 6 pieces of 270mm radius track, 30 degrees... can anyone shed any light on this?
        >
        > Here's my web page with my Rokuhan "meanderings"
        >
        > http://www.elmassian.com/z-scale-trains/z-track/rokuhan-track
        >
        > Greg

      • thomas cipelle
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 21, 2013
          Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually

          ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
            I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.

            The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.

            Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.

            Greg

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@...> wrote:

            > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
            >
            > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Forest B
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
              I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track

              Forest

              Rokuhan track--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

              > I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.
              >
              > The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.
              >
              > Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.
              >
              > Greg
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
              > >
              > > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan
              > >
              > > ________________________________

            • Gardenrails
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                (edited by mod to remove old post)

                I don't believe they are. I have quite a bit of the MT track and switches that I am going to have to sell because I have made the change over to Rokuhan. The driving factors fore were the much larger assortment of track, the power diverting and their control systems. The wider tie spacing for my taste look better and the appearance of the switches is better.

                Mack

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jul 22, 2013, at 9:58 AM, "Forest B" <forestbevins@...> wrote:

                > I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track
                >
                > Forest
              • Greg Elmassian
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                  Thanks Mack, went outside and looked.

                  You are right, the 056 is concrete ties.

                  Not real happy my supplier gave me a mix of concrete and wood ties in the SAME order!

                  Greg

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gardenrails <gardenrails@...> wrote:

                  > The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.
                  >
                  > Mack
                • Gardenrails
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                    The Intermountain web site is a good place to look as it has everything listed with a PC before the track with the concrete ties.

                    Mack

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jul 22, 2013, at 3:07 PM, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks Mack, went outside and looked.
                    >
                    > You are right, the 056 is concrete ties.
                    >
                    > Not real happy my supplier gave me a mix of concrete and wood ties in the SAME order!
                    >
                    > Greg
                    >
                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gardenrails <gardenrails@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > The 015 is wood ties and the other is more than likely concrete ties.
                    > >
                    > > Mack

                  • Edward Scullin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 22, 2013
                      Without getting out the Micrometer, Isn't there a slight variation in rail height between all 4 of the track manufacturers (Marklin, MTL, Rokuhan and Peco)
                      Ed Scullin

                      ________________________________
                      I have a question reguarding Rokuhan track and MircoTrain track. Are they interchangeable. Rokuhan track seems to have more varation but I started useing MT track and would like to use some Rokuhan track

                      Forest

                      Rokuhan track--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@...> wrote:

                      > I want flat track for 2 reasons, with a new loco, I want to break in on consistent flat track, so I can "listen" and watch for problems. The up and down might mask that somewhat.
                      >
                      > The second reason is that I'm going to make this portable for shows and since it's kind of big, I want it as thin as possible.
                      >
                      > Thinking of a thin box structure with a top that flips over for travel, storage inside for tools, trains, etc.
                      >
                      > Greg
                      >
                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Ggreg Im running depressed figure 8 with double helix over it runs very well with rokuhan train or 4axle AZL or 4axle MTL engines .using[ lited  pro Z cars] with GP38 usually
                      > >
                      > > ran it last yr. NST. show in Gr. Michigan

                    • smholt1487
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 27, 2013
                        There is some differences in the trackheight. I did some measumerements some years ago, you can find it here(Only MTL, Märklin and Peco):

                        http://www.platelayer.com/z-scale-track-dimensions.aspx

                        I combine all 3 types, and I have also used some Rokuhan turnouts With some MTL track on my last layout.

                        regards,
                        Svein-Martin Holt
                        www.platelayer.com