Do you know your LocoZ??

  • Soccrdad
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      Just a few announcements along with a new contest.

      Just a reminder that there are free banners for Z scale modeling groups to direct new potential members. I will also offer free banners for anyone searching for anyone wishing to start a Z scale group. Contact me off list for more info.

      The same goes for new Z scale product announcements, ZCS would be glad to help you with marketing. Contact me off list for more info.

      Thank you,

      John Kellett
      Z Central Station
      www.zcentralstation.com

      And now I would like to announce our newest contest...

      Z Central Station's "Do you know your LocoZ?" contest.

      I have pulled 32 locomotive images from the ZCS galleries and forums and placed them onto the banners. ZCS banners rotate every 6 hours displaying the next sequential banner in order. Sometimes a banner may seem 'stuck', you may need to refresh the ZCS page to clear out the old cache to display the current banner.

      Some of our locos are weathered, custom painted, custom detailed, or they are just as we bought it. Either way here is your chance to display your profound knowledge of Z scale locos or to learn more
      about the locomotives that are available in Z.

      Simply fill out the contest entry form below and email the form back to my email address "zcs@..." before Midnight PST Friday August 16th, 2013. The entry with the most correctly guessed locomotives is the winner. In case of multiple winners a random drawing will determine the final winner. Mail your entry to "Know
      your LocoZ" at zcs@.... The winning entry prize is having two (2) pieces of your rolling stock weathered by Joseph Lavender. You can have two freight cars (sorry no locomotives) lightly weathered, moderately weathered, heavily weathered, or use a prototypical photo for personalized weathering.

      You don't have to be a registered ZCS member to enter.

      Entry Name:
      Email Address:

      Banner No./Submitter Loco Guess
      #00 - Soccrdad30 ____________________
      #01 - Mr.JA ____________________
      #02 - Juerg ____________________
      #03 - JLundy46 ____________________
      #04 - Torsja ____________________
      #05 - Daniel ____________________
      #06 - SJ-BAZ-Man ____________________
      #07 - Theshylion ____________________
      #08 - Soccrdad30 ____________________
      #09 - Juerg ____________________
      #10 - BillMock ____________________
      #11 - JLundy46 ____________________
      #12 - JoeD ____________________
      #13 - Z-Bahner ____________________
      #14 - SJ-BAZ-Man ____________________
      #15 - Fred ____________________
      #16 - Juerg ____________________
      #17 - Gerd ____________________
      #18 - Tealplanes ____________________
      #19 - Zthek ____________________
      #20 - EIT27 ____________________
      #21 - Daniel ____________________
      #22 - Southernnscale ____________________
      #23 - BillMock ____________________
      #24 - Mr.JA ____________________
      #25 - Zfrank ____________________
      #26 - Pennsy ____________________
      #27 - Seldreg ____________________
      #28 - Gerd ____________________
      #29 - Gerd ____________________
      #30 - Nilz ____________________
      #31 - Clubscale ____________________
      #32 - Shamoo737 ____________________
    • Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013
        > I have pulled 32 locomotive images from the ZCS galleries and forums and placed them onto the banners. ZCS banners rotate every 6 hours displaying the next sequential banner in order. Sometimes a banner may seem 'stuck', you may need to refresh the ZCS page to clear out the old cache to display the current banner.

        You may want to rethink how you do that given anyone with a tiny modicum
        of clue can download all the images right now, and even chop the train
        picture out and feed it to google image search to find similar images

        (on the bright side if they do that blindly I think the get the wrong
        answer on some!)

        Alan
      • Soccrdad
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
          Cheers Alan.

          Yes, that is another way of finding out what locoz I used in the banners.

          (Contest Hint Alert)

          Even though the contest is open to everyone, Z Central Station members will have an advantage to search member profile galleries since I credited the photos with member ids. <grin>

          John Kellett
          Z Central Station