Re: New Peco Rail Joiners

  • Malcolm Kent Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
      Folks,

      I believe that Atlas has had these rail joiners with feeders pre-soldered available for some time. As Garth says, it's easy enough to do for yourself, but if it's too much hassle (I'm certain not everyone has Garth's skills), the Atlas joiners would be satisfactory.

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z
      MCZ Models

    • mark2playz
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
        All,
        Thanks for the input. My main interest was whether Peco was doing something superior to what I can do, such as a spot weld.

        Mark

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "rgminutillo" <rgminutillo@...> wrote:

        > I only have experience with sectional track, but I have used the Atlas N-scale pre-wired rail joiners and they seem to work very well on Marklin track. Tougher to use them on road-bed track, or course, but not impossible.
        >
        > RGM
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mark2playz" <mark.markham@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I noticed an ad from Peco in the current issue of MR announcing power feed rail joiners for all rail codes. No details given. Wonder if anyone has seen them and can comment?
        > >
        > > Mark

      • Kevin Brady
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
          Hi Mark,all,
          That I doubt.Easy to do,...

          And yes Atlas did these per-solderered rail joiners in HO and N.
          As I stated before I had to solder Veissmann Z-scale signal kits with macro
          LED's and circuit boards.

          Best,Kev

          --
          Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service