Re: Rokuhan & Tenshodo Loco's

  • Garth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
      While Tenshodo uses Rokuhan Track and controllers in their Z scale starter packs they both manufacture their own engines and cars in China Rokuhan has an office in Hong Kong to facilitate that, but I do not know if Tenshodo does or not.

      Tenshodo has for many years been making fine train models originally in brass and in the 80's supplied many North American models in HO Brass steam and were considered one of the best model makers, I do not know how much production is still done in Japan or Korea if any, but I do know their Z scale line is made in China.

      Here is a link to the company web site in Japanese and you will see Tenshodo is more than just trains

      http://www.tenshodo.co.jp/

      here is link to their trains today they are doing mostly 1:80 HO gauge models on 16.5mm track in addition to Z scale.

      http://www.tenshodo.co.jp/models/tabid/114/Default.aspx

      turn on your Google translator to view these pages

      regards Garth