Re: [Z_Scale] Continuing in Z (was Re: Getting Started in Z... New Starter Sets Available!)

  • Robert Kluz
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2013
      Sorry I am not able to share sale numbers. But there were a good number made. AZL would have sold even more if we had not run out of the UP, CNs, BNSF, and UPs early on.

      The Z market is much larger than we give it credit. I think over 10,000 is not an unreasonable number. But many are just dabbling or experimenting in the scale. Also many are not active. But the market is growing.

      Rob

      Yes, the Z market is very much open. There are a lot of good products out there and more are in the works.

      On Jun 2, 2013, at 10:31 AM, vincentgoudreault <vgoudreault@...> wrote:

      > Not wanting to get overly nosy and asking for what could be strategically sensitive business data, but how many units would that be?
      > I am asking because, should this info be available, it could incite other promoters to enter the field with new products. While some may be a bit uncomfortable at seeing a limited size pie divided though harsh competitions, the fact remains that there are enough prototypes that have not yet been modeled in Z that several more ventures could be launched that would not directly compete with an alternate rendition of an already available specific model.
      > How big a market do we Z-heads, either on this forum or off it, represent?
      >

      > CBVG

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.zscaletrack.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Eddie Hen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2013
        I have to agree, for starter sets,  the price is the main issue. When I started looking at Z scale sets, I first looked at the price and then what came in the set.  I was lucky in that I found a shop getting out of the Z scale business and sold me a Marklin set at a great price.

        Eddie