Re: American buildings by Rokuhan

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2013
      Garth,

      All three of these are a no go. We don't need more downtown buildings. We need more multi-story factories like: http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3215 and http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3211 etc...

      John

      > I have posted a picture of 3 buildings done in Cad for RP samples by Rokuhan. They are looking for input, suggestions and comments, I suggest images are better than text when responding to this message.
      > The email address of Rokuhan is support@... or you can reply to me Garth.a.hamilton@... There is a possibility these three buildings will make it to the NMRA in Atlanta. I have suggested a rail/road crossing that is also a re-railer like those of Kato and Tomix in N-scale with a 25mm separation piece so it could be installed on either single track or double track.
      > with buildings and houses it is best to have minimum of two photos showing front and one side then back and the other side. For scaling purposes you could provide a known dimension such as height from front walk to eve of a home the width and height of a garage door. I expect to see a fully built up suitcase layout to show what the briefcase layout kit can be turned into.
      > the photo is in a folder Rokuhan images
      >
      > regards Garth

    • David George
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2013
        I have posted a favorable comment to the city buildings proposed by Rokuhan. However John Bartoloto is correct in noting that we also need more east coast/ midwest factory types as he proposes.
        So-o-o my solution is " I want more " of everything.
        Mister Dave

      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2013
          Garth,

          After thinking about this, Rokuhan could be the hero in Z if they developed modular walls like what DPM and Walthers produces. I've been asking MTL to do this for years but they haven't. Just imagine what we could build in Z with modular DPM-like walls and kits!

          John

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jsbart09@...> wrote:

          > Garth,
          >
          > All three of these are a no go. We don't need more downtown buildings. We need more multi-story factories like: http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3215 and http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3211 etc...
          >
          > John
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have posted a picture of 3 buildings done in Cad for RP samples by Rokuhan. They are looking for input, suggestions and comments, I suggest images are better than text when responding to this message.
          > > The email address of Rokuhan is support@ or you can reply to me Garth.a.hamilton@ There is a possibility these three buildings will make it to the NMRA in Atlanta. I have suggested a rail/road crossing that is also a re-railer like those of Kato and Tomix in N-scale with a 25mm separation piece so it could be installed on either single track or double track.
          > > with buildings and houses it is best to have minimum of two photos showing front and one side then back and the other side. For scaling purposes you could provide a known dimension such as height from front walk to eve of a home the width and height of a garage door. I expect to see a fully built up suitcase layout to show what the briefcase layout kit can be turned into.
          > > the photo is in a folder Rokuhan images
          > >
          > > regards Garth

        • BAZ
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2013
            David's NZT makes some really nice brickwork but having a greater assortment of exteriors would be nice. Still, ready to assemble, like Faller, Kibri, etc would be great.

            Jeff
            SF Bay Area Z

            Sent 'from the road'