Re: [Z_Scale] Re: news from Rokuhan - double slip turnout - this year

  • BAZ
    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2013
      I also noticed that they are using the floating spring contacts in the plastic frog, similar to märklin. Should be a great addition.

      As much as I don't like the wide spaced ties, there is so much track from them that it's hard not to use them for a portable layout.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z

      Sent 'from the road'

      On May 21, 2013, at 10:00 AM, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

      > The metal piece you refer to is in 4 pieces it is split down its length and across the middle and the turnout comes configured for power routing but as with all Rokuhan Turnouts now it can be reconfigured by inserting 4 screws in strategic positions on the back side of the turnout to non power routing.
      >
      > regards Garth
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mark2playz" <mark.markham@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Garth,
      > > Interesting. Thanks. But I don't quite understand how they do power routing as the central crossing rails appears to be all metal.
      > > Mark
      > >
      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hamilton <garth.a.hamilton@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > video of improved double slip headed for production for delivery later this
      > > > year.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/05/double-slip-turnout.html

    • martin soll
      Message 2 of 8 , May 21, 2013
        I WANT A DOUBLE CROSSOVER IN Z GAUGE!!!!
        Simiar to the N Gauge Kato 20-210 would be worth $75-100 to me. Somebody want to hand build one for me?

        Marty Soll, Estacada Oregon