Re: news from Rokuhan - double slip turnout - this year

  • mark2playz
    Message 1 of 8 , May 20, 2013
      Garth,
      Interesting. Thanks. But I don't quite understand how they do power routing as the central crossing rails appears to be all metal.
      Mark

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hamilton <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

      > video of improved double slip headed for production for delivery later this
      > year.
      >
      > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/05/double-slip-turnout.html

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 8 , May 20, 2013
        Hello Garth,
        This is a significant milepost not only for Rokuhan but for all
        Z scale model railroading. If it turns out (pun intended) that
        this track-piece is truly reliable, we should see a big uptake
        in some serious, interesting and fun layouts.

        Congrats to Rokuhan!

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

        On May 20, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Garth Hamilton wrote:

        > video of improved double slip headed for production for delivery later this
        > year.
        >
        > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/05/double-slip-turnout.html

      • Garth
        Message 3 of 8 , May 21, 2013
          The metal piece you refer to is in 4 pieces it is split down its length and across the middle and the turnout comes configured for power routing but as with all Rokuhan Turnouts now it can be reconfigured by inserting 4 screws in strategic positions on the back side of the turnout to non power routing.

          regards Garth

          Message 4 of 8 , May 21, 2013
            Garth,
            Thanks. Just need to use YouTube at max mag to see the cuts.

            Mark

            > The metal piece you refer to is in 4 pieces it is split down its length and across the middle and the turnout comes configured for power routing but as with all Rokuhan Turnouts now it can be reconfigured by inserting 4 screws in strategic positions on the back side of the turnout to non power routing.
            >
            > regards Garth
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mark2playz" <mark.markham@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Garth,
            > > Interesting. Thanks. But I don't quite understand how they do power routing as the central crossing rails appears to be all metal.
            > > Mark
            > >
            > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hamilton <garth.a.hamilton@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > video of improved double slip headed for production for delivery later this
            > > > year.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/05/double-slip-turnout.html

          • David George
            Message 5 of 8 , May 21, 2013
              As reliable as Rokuhan products have been and Tony Ishikawa's test,, test,, and retest,, approach to product manufacturing assures us of a great track piece to charge up our creative juices to design more modules to incorporate this switch.
              Thanks Garth and Tony.

            • BAZ
              Message 6 of 8 , May 21, 2013
                I also noticed that they are using the floating spring contacts in the plastic frog, similar to märklin. Should be a great addition.

                As much as I don't like the wide spaced ties, there is so much track from them that it's hard not to use them for a portable layout.

                Jeff
                SF Bay Area Z

                Sent 'from the road'

                On May 21, 2013, at 10:00 AM, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

                > The metal piece you refer to is in 4 pieces it is split down its length and across the middle and the turnout comes configured for power routing but as with all Rokuhan Turnouts now it can be reconfigured by inserting 4 screws in strategic positions on the back side of the turnout to non power routing.
                >
                > regards Garth
                >
                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mark2playz" <mark.markham@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Garth,
                > > Interesting. Thanks. But I don't quite understand how they do power routing as the central crossing rails appears to be all metal.
                > > Mark
                > >
                > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hamilton <garth.a.hamilton@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > video of improved double slip headed for production for delivery later this
                > > > year.
                > > >
                > > > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/05/double-slip-turnout.html

              • martin soll
                Message 7 of 8 , May 21, 2013
                  I WANT A DOUBLE CROSSOVER IN Z GAUGE!!!!
                  Simiar to the N Gauge Kato 20-210 would be worth $75-100 to me. Somebody want to hand build one for me?

                  Marty Soll, Estacada Oregon