Re: [Z_Scale] My nest new layout

  • BAZ
    Message 1 of 22 , May 17 3:10 PM
      Be aware: if you run with 2 different powered track mains and, you accidentally crossover, you most certainly will kill one of you power sources! DC does not like the reverse polarities of DCC and vice-versa (from me, the electronics guy).

      DCC'd locos do *not* as well as you would expect on DC as it takes several volts to 'turn on' the decoder, therefore they will run *noticeably* slower! Most newer DCC decodes default the DC or 'Analog Mode' to Off so they will not run at all. This can be enabled if it is off.

      If you have AZL, MTL GP7 or 35 or SD40, or most of Marklin's electrics, you can use sorta drop-in decoders. Any other loco requires hand wired decoders.

      If you have 2 or more Mains and especially sidings or spurs, DCC is the way to go. In Z scale, if no power routing turnouts, essentially 2 wires to the track and you can run *any* loco *anywhere* at *any* speed or in *any* direction !

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z

      Sent 'from the road'

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 22 , May 18 2:47 PM
        Hi Rob -
        Does this mean additional series GP30 or GP38 locos will come up for sale with the option of DCC installed (including the ones already offered, like SF), or you can get DCC installed on an existing series GP30 or GP38 loco you have already purchased?

        Jeff T

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

        > This is coming!
        >
        > AZL will be releasing the option for DCC locomotive on all of their existing GP30 and GP38 series of locomotives. More information to come!
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > On May 14, 2013, at 6:58 PM, de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@...> wrote:
        >
        > > - the lack of factory equipped DCC locos.
        >
        > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        > Distributor American Z Line
        > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
        > and Tenshodo dealer
        > www.ztrack.com
        > www.ztrackcenter.com
        > www.ztrackresale.com
        > www.zscaletrack.com
        > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
        > Dublin OH 43016
        > (614) 764-1703

      • Robert Kluz
        Message 3 of 22 , May 19 7:04 AM
          Jeff,

          AZL will be offering all existing GP30 and GP38 locomotives, as well as upcoming releases such as the new run of GP7s with DCC boards. We will not be offering this as a service for already purchased locomotive. For that, I recommend Don Fedjur. Don does amazing work with AZL and DCC and can take care of all of those needs.

          Rob

          On May 18, 2013, at 5:47 PM, Jeff <jthompson178@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rob -
          > Does this mean additional series GP30 or GP38 locos will come up for sale with the option of DCC installed (including the ones already offered, like SF), or you can get DCC installed on an existing series GP30 or GP38 loco you have already purchased?
          >
          > Jeff T
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> This is coming!
          >>
          >> AZL will be releasing the option for DCC locomotive on all of their existing GP30 and GP38 series of locomotives. More information to come!
          >>
          >> Rob
          >>
          >> On May 14, 2013, at 6:58 PM, de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@...> wrote:
          >>
          >>> - the lack of factory equipped DCC locos.
          >>
          >> Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          >> Distributor American Z Line
          >> Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
          >> and Tenshodo dealer
          >> www.ztrack.com
          >> www.ztrackcenter.com
          >> www.ztrackresale.com
          >> www.zscaletrack.com
          >> 6142 Northcliff Blvd
          >> Dublin OH 43016
          >> (614) 764-1703

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          Distributor American Z Line
          Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
          InterMountain and Tenshodo dealer
          www.ztrack.com
          www.ztrackcenter.com
          www.ztrackresale.com
          www.zscaletrack.com
          6142 Northcliff Blvd
          Dublin OH 43016
          (614) 764-1703

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 22 , May 20 8:56 PM
            Rob -
            Thanks for clarifying. Just trying to decide when to buy my GP30(s) & GP38(s) - now, or wait until the DCC option is available. And yes, Don does fantastic work DCCing. He's already done 5 locos for me (three with ditch lights), and another four are being done.