Intermountain Mechanical Reefers (was Re: Intermountain Cylindrical Hoppers)

  • Malcolm Kent Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 9:54 AM
      Folks,

      The Intermountain hoppers are certainly worth the wait. The level of detailing is excellent. I own quite a few.

      As someone who attended the 2012 Z scale convention in Denver, I availed myself of the opportunity to tour the Intermountain factory. At that time, they showed drawings of a Z scale mechanical reefer that they were planning to produce. As far as I can tell, this is the last modern freight car that we are lacking. So where are the Intermountain mechanical reefers?

      And please, don't remind me of the Shapeways reefers that are available. I have some, but have never been able to get decal sets for the reefers. Not to mention that there was some breakage because Shapeways just throws everything in a box without adequate packing.

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z
      MCZ Models