Re: [Z_Scale] Rob Allbritton Gotthard modules

  • Randall Smidt
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2013
      Hi Dave,

      Sounds like you and the WizKidz are doing great things!

      I can't remember for sure, but there may have been a template for the mountain profile that Rob used at the ends of modules in the Z-Bend Track manual.  The two sides of the triangle were the same but the base may have been shorter than the other two sides.

      Randy

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2013
        Hi there Dave,

        It sure has been a long time since '05 in Cincy and Columbus, huh?

        Like Randy said, I think Rob had a template for the matching ends, and it should
        still be on the zbendtrack site.

        I'll check with Rob for confirmation (if he ever comes back into town), but I
        think the center mountains were just a small wood A-frame with wet cardboard
        strips over newspaper stuffing, topped with plaster cloth, and shaped to taste.
        I could be completely wrong though.

        As far as the 'snow-covered peaks', I'm pretty sure that was just the plaster
        cloth prepainted green, with white spray paint carefully applied to the tips,
        but again, I'll have to double check with Rob for confirmation.

        Sure is great to see what you all are doing for Z out there. Keep up the great
        work!

        Bryan
        'Kez"

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2013
          There are some pictures on this site that appear to be the modules, in case you haven't seen them.

          JC

          http://home.comcast.net/~potomac_nmra3/LayoutTours/RobAlbriton/album/index.html