Re: [Z_Scale] Rob Allbritton Gotthard modules

  • Robert Kluz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2013
      We ran an article on Rob's original Gotthard layout in the May/June 2002 issue of Ztrack. We still have back issues available� and 1/2 off! Here is the link:

      http://www.ztrack.com/issues/issues_02.html

      Rob

      On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:51 PM, "dlhort1955" <dlhort1955@...> wrote:

      > I haven't seen these since 2005, but I was wondering if there are some good pictures or the original layout - not the big one. I would like to make some of the mountains like Rob did, but never could find out how he did them. How they were constructed and how they were finished with that neat white top.
      >
      > Thought I would say hello to Randy and Kez, too.

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.zscaletrack.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Randall Smidt
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2013
        Hi Dave,

        Sounds like you and the WizKidz are doing great things!

        I can't remember for sure, but there may have been a template for the mountain profile that Rob used at the ends of modules in the Z-Bend Track manual.  The two sides of the triangle were the same but the base may have been shorter than the other two sides.

        Randy

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2013
          Hi there Dave,

          It sure has been a long time since '05 in Cincy and Columbus, huh?

          Like Randy said, I think Rob had a template for the matching ends, and it should
          still be on the zbendtrack site.

          I'll check with Rob for confirmation (if he ever comes back into town), but I
          think the center mountains were just a small wood A-frame with wet cardboard
          strips over newspaper stuffing, topped with plaster cloth, and shaped to taste.
          I could be completely wrong though.

          As far as the 'snow-covered peaks', I'm pretty sure that was just the plaster
          cloth prepainted green, with white spray paint carefully applied to the tips,
          but again, I'll have to double check with Rob for confirmation.

          Sure is great to see what you all are doing for Z out there. Keep up the great
          work!

          Bryan
          'Kez"

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2013
            There are some pictures on this site that appear to be the modules, in case you haven't seen them.

            JC

            http://home.comcast.net/~potomac_nmra3/LayoutTours/RobAlbriton/album/index.html