Re: Titletown Train Show awards go to Z

  • dlhort1955
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
      Cliff

      I wish we could. We have been doing this for 8 years now. We won the first time we were allowed in to Trainfest. None of us takes pictures anymore. Perhaps someone was there that will see this post and can show their pictures.

      I think the reasons we won are as follows:

      1. We have 38 feet of completed modules.
      2. A new member brought new modules with just foam and some
      track laid on it to show how it works.
      3. We had a small layout and a cigar box on a banquet table so
      the kids could see everything.
      4. No ropes. You walk right up to the layout.
      5. One member made a module with a figure eight under the main
      track. You only see about 2 feet of track. The train comes out
      of a tunnel, goes under a bridge, and back in a tunnel. Then it
      shows up again in the first tunnel. People just love trying to figure out how it works. Sneeky.
      6. Lots of lights, smoke, moving parts, etc. People like action.

      We also want to thank the NMRA for giving us the opportunity to
      take part in their shows.

      dave hjortnaes