Re: [Z_Scale] Titletown Train Show awards go to Z

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
      That's great.  Way to show off Z.  I'll bet it was fun.Ed Scullin

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
        I had seen your modules in Milwaukee at the NTS a few years ago.
        You all deserve these awards.
        Great stuff .
        Cordially,
        Mister Dave

      • dlhort1955
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
          Cliff

          I wish we could. We have been doing this for 8 years now. We won the first time we were allowed in to Trainfest. None of us takes pictures anymore. Perhaps someone was there that will see this post and can show their pictures.

          I think the reasons we won are as follows:

          1. We have 38 feet of completed modules.
          2. A new member brought new modules with just foam and some
          track laid on it to show how it works.
          3. We had a small layout and a cigar box on a banquet table so
          the kids could see everything.
          4. No ropes. You walk right up to the layout.
          5. One member made a module with a figure eight under the main
          track. You only see about 2 feet of track. The train comes out
          of a tunnel, goes under a bridge, and back in a tunnel. Then it
          shows up again in the first tunnel. People just love trying to figure out how it works. Sneeky.
          6. Lots of lights, smoke, moving parts, etc. People like action.

          We also want to thank the NMRA for giving us the opportunity to
          take part in their shows.

          dave hjortnaes