Titletown Train Show awards go to Z

  • dlhort1955
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
      The 'People's Choice Award' for favorite layout went to the WIZKidZ.

      The 'Worlds Greatest' Ambassador award went to the WIZKidZ.

      First time both awards have gone to the same group.

      We had about 38 feet of modules, a small layout, a cigar box, and 10 circles of Rokuhan track with an engine running on the smallest radius. Great time was had by all.

      GO Z-SCALE!
    • Cliff Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
        Can we get pictures of the layout?

        Cliff
        SSgt USMC, Retired
        '12 Juke
        '86 Yamaha FZX-R
        Z scale trains

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
          Congratulations!!! That is excellent news!!!!

          Rob

          On Apr 29, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Cliff Smith <cliffiniraq3@...> wrote:

          > Can we get pictures of the layout?
          >
          > Cliff
          > SSgt USMC, Retired
          > '12 Juke
          > '86 Yamaha FZX-R
          > Z scale trains
          >

          > ________________________________

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          Distributor American Z Line
          Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
          and Tenshodo dealer
          www.ztrack.com
          www.ztrackcenter.com
          www.ztrackresale.com
          www.zscaletrack.com
          6142 Northcliff Blvd
          Dublin OH 43016
          (614) 764-1703

        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
            That's great.  Way to show off Z.  I'll bet it was fun.Ed Scullin

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
              I had seen your modules in Milwaukee at the NTS a few years ago.
              You all deserve these awards.
              Great stuff .
              Cordially,
              Mister Dave

            • dlhort1955
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
                Cliff

                I wish we could. We have been doing this for 8 years now. We won the first time we were allowed in to Trainfest. None of us takes pictures anymore. Perhaps someone was there that will see this post and can show their pictures.

                I think the reasons we won are as follows:

                1. We have 38 feet of completed modules.
                2. A new member brought new modules with just foam and some
                track laid on it to show how it works.
                3. We had a small layout and a cigar box on a banquet table so
                the kids could see everything.
                4. No ropes. You walk right up to the layout.
                5. One member made a module with a figure eight under the main
                track. You only see about 2 feet of track. The train comes out
                of a tunnel, goes under a bridge, and back in a tunnel. Then it
                shows up again in the first tunnel. People just love trying to figure out how it works. Sneeky.
                6. Lots of lights, smoke, moving parts, etc. People like action.

                We also want to thank the NMRA for giving us the opportunity to
                take part in their shows.

                dave hjortnaes