Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Rokuhan Control and Turnouts

  • Gardenrails
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 24, 2013
      Thanks for the information. I have a few MT locos but none of those.
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 24, 2013, at 4:47 PM, "Allan B" <themohican2003@...> wrote:

      > I would say your only limit to number of turnout switches would be the amount of table space to hold them. Since the switches are only turned on when you move the turnout there is no limit due to no load at idle. I have found that certain motors take a lot more current and tend to overload the controller. MicroTrains F units in particular are hard to keep running.
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "gardenrails" <gardenrails@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone on the group have experience with the ROK-RC-01 transformer?

    • Lee Barry
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 25, 2013
        you're right about those MT F units, mostly junk and super noisy !!!
        I would say your only limit to number of turnout switches would be the amount of table space to hold them. Since the switches are only turned on when you move the turnout there is no limit due to no load at idle. I have found that certain motors take a lot more current and tend to overload the controller. MicroTrains F units in particular are hard to keep running.

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "gardenrails" <gardenrails@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone on the group have experience with the ROK-RC-01 transformer?

      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 25, 2013
          If all of your MTL locos are diesels you should have no problems running double headed.  The coreless motors MTL and AZL use draw about 15-25 Milli amps while Marklin 3 pole motors draw about 200 milli amps each.Ed Scullin

          Message 4 of 10 , May 3, 2013
            Lee,

            Kind of high jacking the thread here a bit, but I had to tell you that Karin
            has a F7 A powered and unpowered B unit that she had not run in several
            years. The other day Karin decided to sell them and I cleaned a test track
            and when I put the A unit on the track I was dumbfounded at how quiet the A
            unit was. It defys all logic because normally the A powered units are
            threshing machine noise worthy. I was so surprised I called her out to the
            shop and had her watch it for a minute. I seem to have the opposite of a
            factory lemon. Don't know what to call it except "sweet".

            you're right about those MT F units, mostly junk and super noisy !!!