Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Rokuhan Control and Turnouts

  • Gardenrails
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 24, 2013
      Thanks for the information. I have a few MT locos but none of those.
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 24, 2013, at 4:47 PM, "Allan B" <themohican2003@...> wrote:

      > I would say your only limit to number of turnout switches would be the amount of table space to hold them. Since the switches are only turned on when you move the turnout there is no limit due to no load at idle. I have found that certain motors take a lot more current and tend to overload the controller. MicroTrains F units in particular are hard to keep running.
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "gardenrails" <gardenrails@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone on the group have experience with the ROK-RC-01 transformer?

    • Gardenrails
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 24, 2013
        Thanks for the information. I only have MT locos at this point. Hoping to run two double headed trains at a time on each of the 3 loops. Looks like I will need 3 of these RC001'S. Looks like Klein has the best price on these.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 24, 2013, at 9:55 PM, thomas cipelle <thomasc600@...> wrote:

        > ive been using the rc001 coupler yrs have no problem double heading running just remember marklin motors will trip the roukhan control sooner zero problems withAZL andMTL engines
        > I run them 8hrs day at train shows personly avoid croo2 2other people and I had one them shoot wild voltage took my bad one back hobby shop paid difference for another rcoo1. been using rokuhan power pac for over 2yrs really like them. Also use duel 2800 MRC units. times I,m running up 5 layouts at shows but use MRC or Marklin power pac,s for Marklin engines Thomas C.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Lee Barry
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 25, 2013
          you're right about those MT F units, mostly junk and super noisy !!!
          I would say your only limit to number of turnout switches would be the amount of table space to hold them. Since the switches are only turned on when you move the turnout there is no limit due to no load at idle. I have found that certain motors take a lot more current and tend to overload the controller. MicroTrains F units in particular are hard to keep running.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "gardenrails" <gardenrails@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone on the group have experience with the ROK-RC-01 transformer?

        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 25, 2013
            If all of your MTL locos are diesels you should have no problems running double headed.  The coreless motors MTL and AZL use draw about 15-25 Milli amps while Marklin 3 pole motors draw about 200 milli amps each.Ed Scullin

            Message 5 of 10 , May 3, 2013
              Lee,

              Kind of high jacking the thread here a bit, but I had to tell you that Karin
              has a F7 A powered and unpowered B unit that she had not run in several
              years. The other day Karin decided to sell them and I cleaned a test track
              and when I put the A unit on the track I was dumbfounded at how quiet the A
              unit was. It defys all logic because normally the A powered units are
              threshing machine noise worthy. I was so surprised I called her out to the
              shop and had her watch it for a minute. I seem to have the opposite of a
              factory lemon. Don't know what to call it except "sweet".

              you're right about those MT F units, mostly junk and super noisy !!!