Re: [Z_Scale] Freudenreich F40?

  • John Mui
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
      Bryan, I order mine directly from FR. Harald will restart production if there's enough demand.

      Sent from my iPhone

      John M

      On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "brian_19642001" <bwickers@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Everyone,
      >
      > Anyone know of any sellers on the web (or elsewhere) of Freudenreich f40 locos?
      >
      > Brian

    • brian_19642001
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
        Too bad I missed the F40s on the resale site. John, I've sent Harald an email to ask if he has plans to restart the F40s. Fingers crossed....

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Mui <jmui@...> wrote:

        > Bryan, I order mine directly from FR. Harald will restart production if there's enough demand.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > John M
        >

        > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "brian_19642001" <bwickers@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi, Everyone,
        > >
        > > Anyone know of any sellers on the web (or elsewhere) of Freudenreich f40 locos?
        > >
        > > Brian

      • jeffcrist2002
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
          Brian, in this scale, its sometimes on who you know. I got a tip from a
          friend about a collector in Europe that was thinning his collection, and I
          was able to buy a Amtrak for $550. Another suggestion is to buy the shell
          only. It will fit the chassis of a GP35, but the chassis from FR is really
          special. It has the biggest flywheel in z scale. It runs slow and pulls
          like a mule.

          John

          Too bad I missed the F40s on the resale site. John, I've sent Harald an
          email to ask if he has plans to restart the F40s. Fingers crossed....

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Mui <jmui@...> wrote:

          > Bryan, I order mine directly from FR. Harald will restart production if
          > there's enough demand.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > John M
          >

          > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "brian_19642001" <bwickers@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi, Everyone,
          > >
          > > Anyone know of any sellers on the web (or elsewhere) of Freudenreich f40
          > > locos?
          > >
          > > Brian

        • Raymond
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
            Hi John

            Where can I buy a shell for the F-40

            Raymond

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, <jmui@...> wrote:

            > Brian, in this scale, its sometimes on who you know. I got a tip from a
            > friend about a collector in Europe that was thinning his collection, and I
            > was able to buy a Amtrak for $550. Another suggestion is to buy the shell
            > only. It will fit the chassis of a GP35, but the chassis from FR is really
            > special. It has the biggest flywheel in z scale. It runs slow and pulls
            > like a mule.
            >
            > John

          • jeffcrist2002
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
              Raymond email Harold of FR to find out if he still has the shell. The last
              time I ask was couple years ago.

              John

              > Brian, in this scale, its sometimes on who you know. I got a tip from a
              > friend about a collector in Europe that was thinning his collection, and I
              > was able to buy a Amtrak for $550. Another suggestion is to buy the shell
              > only. It will fit the chassis of a GP35, but the chassis from FR is really
              > special. It has the biggest flywheel in z scale. It runs slow and pulls
              > like a mule.
              >
              > John

            • Harald Freudenreich
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                Folks,

                a re-release of my F40PH engine is scheduled for this year. Besides AMTRAK (2 road numbers),
                Caltrain "meat ball" paint scheme and undecorated we plan at least two other road names. Favoured are Metra,
                VIA and CSX. But I'm open for any other suggestions.
                These locos come with a coreless Faulhaber motor, big fly wheel and electronic white LED constant light DC. They have
                enough tractive force to pull prototypical trains. Unit price is about Euro 320 (about USD 416)
                We don't sell shells only, neither decorated nor undecorated.

                Harald

                --
                FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
                Harald Thom-Freudenreich

              • John Mui
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                  Thank You Harald, you know I have to get the CSX.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  John M

                  On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:39 PM, "Harald Freudenreich" <FR.model@...> wrote:

                  > Folks,
                  >
                  > a re-release of my F40PH engine is scheduled for this year. Besides AMTRAK (2 road numbers),
                  > Caltrain "meat ball" paint scheme and undecorated we plan at least two other road names. Favoured are Metra,
                  > VIA and CSX. But I'm open for any other suggestions.
                  > These locos come with a coreless Faulhaber motor, big fly wheel and electronic white LED constant light DC. They have
                  > enough tractive force to pull prototypical trains. Unit price is about Euro 320 (about USD 416)
                  > We don't sell shells only, neither decorated nor undecorated.
                  >
                  > Harald
                  >
                  > --
                  > FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
                  > Harald Thom-Freudenreich
                  > Schwarzer Weg 1B
                  > D-18190 Sanitz / Mecklenburg
                  > Phone: +49 38209 49160 Fax: +49 38209 49161
                  > e-mail: FR.model@... web: www.FR-model.de

                • Thomas Scheuzger

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                      Harald,

                      Interested for two AMTRAK and Caltrain for now

                      Thank you
                      Henri
                      Email. Hseynaeve@...

                      Sent from my iPad

                      On Apr 25, 2013, at 10:39 AM, "Harald Freudenreich" <FR.model@...> wrote:

                      > Folks,
                      >
                      > a re-release of my F40PH engine is scheduled for this year. Besides AMTRAK (2 road numbers),
                      > Caltrain "meat ball" paint scheme and undecorated we plan at least two other road names. Favoured are Metra,
                      > VIA and CSX. But I'm open for any other suggestions.
                      > These locos come with a coreless Faulhaber motor, big fly wheel and electronic white LED constant light DC. They have
                      > enough tractive force to pull prototypical trains. Unit price is about Euro 320 (about USD 416)
                      > We don't sell shells only, neither decorated nor undecorated.
                      >
                      > Harald
                      >
                      > --
                      > FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
                      > Harald Thom-Freudenreich
                      > Schwarzer Weg 1B
                      > D-18190 Sanitz / Mecklenburg
                      > Phone: +49 38209 49160 Fax: +49 38209 49161
                      > e-mail: FR.model@... web: www.FR-model.de

                    • jamesmacburney
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                        Excellent news Harald. I would desire both an AMTRAK and Metrolink version.
                        JamesTraction