Re: Freudenreich F40?

  • Jeff Newburg
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
      There’s one Z scale electric F40 on eBay right now for $899, if that’s of any interest.

      Jeff N

    • John Mui
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
        Isn't that awfully expensive. That's almost what I paid for my two F40PH.

        Sent from my iPhone

        John M

        On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:52 PM, "Jeff Newburg" <jrnwbrg@...> wrote:

        > There’s one Z scale electric F40 on eBay right now for $899, if that’s of any interest.
        >
        > Jeff N

      • brian_19642001
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
          I noticed the f40 for $789 just now. A couple of weeks ago Z scale resale I think had one for around $400. That's why I was wondering if anyone out there knew of one at a more reasonable price.
          Cheers,
          Brian

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Mui <jmui@...> wrote:

          > Isn't that awfully expensive. That's almost what I paid for my two F40PH.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > John M
          >

          > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:52 PM, "Jeff Newburg" <jrnwbrg@...> wrote:
          >
          > > There¡¯s one Z scale electric F40 on eBay right now for $899, if that¡¯s of any interest.
          > >
          > > Jeff N

        • Robert Kluz
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
            Yes we did! We had a under F40 listed for $400.00. It sold is just a few days. We have another one coming in, but it is already spoken for.

            Rob

            On Apr 23, 2013, at 10:40 PM, brian_19642001 <bwickers@...> wrote:

            > I noticed the f40 for $789 just now. A couple of weeks ago Z scale resale I think had one for around $400. That's why I was wondering if anyone out there knew of one at a more reasonable price.
            > Cheers,
            > Brian

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor American Z Line
            Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
            and Tenshodo dealer
            www.ztrack.com
            www.ztrackcenter.com
            www.ztrackresale.com
            www.zscaletrack.com
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin OH 43016
            (614) 764-1703

          • John Mui
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
              What color scheme Rob.

              Sent from my iPhone

              John M

              On Apr 24, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

              > Yes we did! We had a under F40 listed for $400.00. It sold is just a few days. We have another one coming in, but it is already spoken for.
              >
              > Rob
              >
              > On Apr 23, 2013, at 10:40 PM, brian_19642001 <bwickers@...> wrote:
              >
              >> I noticed the f40 for $789 just now. A couple of weeks ago Z scale resale I think had one for around $400. That's why I was wondering if anyone out there knew of one at a more reasonable price.
              >> Cheers,
              >> Brian
              >
              > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              > Distributor American Z Line
              > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
              > and Tenshodo dealer
              > www.ztrack.com
              > www.ztrackcenter.com
              > www.ztrackresale.com
              > www.zscaletrack.com
              > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
              > Dublin OH 43016
              > (614) 764-1703

            • Robert Kluz
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
                Under = Undec. :)

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
                  Bryan, I order mine directly from FR. Harald will restart production if there's enough demand.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  John M

                  On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "brian_19642001" <bwickers@...> wrote:

                  > Hi, Everyone,
                  >
                  > Anyone know of any sellers on the web (or elsewhere) of Freudenreich f40 locos?
                  >
                  > Brian

                • brian_19642001
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
                    Too bad I missed the F40s on the resale site. John, I've sent Harald an email to ask if he has plans to restart the F40s. Fingers crossed....

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Mui <jmui@...> wrote:

                    > Bryan, I order mine directly from FR. Harald will restart production if there's enough demand.
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > John M
                    >

                    > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "brian_19642001" <bwickers@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi, Everyone,
                    > >
                    > > Anyone know of any sellers on the web (or elsewhere) of Freudenreich f40 locos?
                    > >
                    > > Brian

                  • jeffcrist2002
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
                      Brian, in this scale, its sometimes on who you know. I got a tip from a
                      friend about a collector in Europe that was thinning his collection, and I
                      was able to buy a Amtrak for $550. Another suggestion is to buy the shell
                      only. It will fit the chassis of a GP35, but the chassis from FR is really
                      special. It has the biggest flywheel in z scale. It runs slow and pulls
                      like a mule.

                      John

                      Too bad I missed the F40s on the resale site. John, I've sent Harald an
                      email to ask if he has plans to restart the F40s. Fingers crossed....

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Mui <jmui@...> wrote:

                      > Bryan, I order mine directly from FR. Harald will restart production if
                      > there's enough demand.
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone
                      >
                      > John M
                      >

                      > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "brian_19642001" <bwickers@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi, Everyone,
                      > >
                      > > Anyone know of any sellers on the web (or elsewhere) of Freudenreich f40
                      > > locos?
                      > >
                      > > Brian

                    • Raymond
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
                        Hi John

                        Where can I buy a shell for the F-40

                        Raymond

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, <jmui@...> wrote:

                        > Brian, in this scale, its sometimes on who you know. I got a tip from a
                        > friend about a collector in Europe that was thinning his collection, and I
                        > was able to buy a Amtrak for $550. Another suggestion is to buy the shell
                        > only. It will fit the chassis of a GP35, but the chassis from FR is really
                        > special. It has the biggest flywheel in z scale. It runs slow and pulls
                        > like a mule.
                        >
                        > John

                      • jeffcrist2002
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                          Raymond email Harold of FR to find out if he still has the shell. The last
                          time I ask was couple years ago.

                          John

                          > Brian, in this scale, its sometimes on who you know. I got a tip from a
                          > friend about a collector in Europe that was thinning his collection, and I
                          > was able to buy a Amtrak for $550. Another suggestion is to buy the shell
                          > only. It will fit the chassis of a GP35, but the chassis from FR is really
                          > special. It has the biggest flywheel in z scale. It runs slow and pulls
                          > like a mule.
                          >
                          > John

                        • Harald Freudenreich
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                            Folks,

                            a re-release of my F40PH engine is scheduled for this year. Besides AMTRAK (2 road numbers),
                            Caltrain "meat ball" paint scheme and undecorated we plan at least two other road names. Favoured are Metra,
                            VIA and CSX. But I'm open for any other suggestions.
                            These locos come with a coreless Faulhaber motor, big fly wheel and electronic white LED constant light DC. They have
                            enough tractive force to pull prototypical trains. Unit price is about Euro 320 (about USD 416)
                            We don't sell shells only, neither decorated nor undecorated.

                            Harald

                            --
                            FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
                            Harald Thom-Freudenreich

                          • John Mui
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                              Thank You Harald, you know I have to get the CSX.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              John M

                              On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:39 PM, "Harald Freudenreich" <FR.model@...> wrote:

                              > Folks,
                              >
                              > a re-release of my F40PH engine is scheduled for this year. Besides AMTRAK (2 road numbers),
                              > Caltrain "meat ball" paint scheme and undecorated we plan at least two other road names. Favoured are Metra,
                              > VIA and CSX. But I'm open for any other suggestions.
                              > These locos come with a coreless Faulhaber motor, big fly wheel and electronic white LED constant light DC. They have
                              > enough tractive force to pull prototypical trains. Unit price is about Euro 320 (about USD 416)
                              > We don't sell shells only, neither decorated nor undecorated.
                              >
                              > Harald
                              >
                              > --
                              > FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
                              > Harald Thom-Freudenreich
                              > Schwarzer Weg 1B
                              > D-18190 Sanitz / Mecklenburg
                              > Phone: +49 38209 49160 Fax: +49 38209 49161
                              > e-mail: FR.model@... web: www.FR-model.de

                            • Thomas Scheuzger

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                                  Harald,

                                  Interested for two AMTRAK and Caltrain for now

                                  Thank you
                                  Henri
                                  Email. Hseynaeve@...

                                  Sent from my iPad

                                  On Apr 25, 2013, at 10:39 AM, "Harald Freudenreich" <FR.model@...> wrote:

                                  > Folks,
                                  >
                                  > a re-release of my F40PH engine is scheduled for this year. Besides AMTRAK (2 road numbers),
                                  > Caltrain "meat ball" paint scheme and undecorated we plan at least two other road names. Favoured are Metra,
                                  > VIA and CSX. But I'm open for any other suggestions.
                                  > These locos come with a coreless Faulhaber motor, big fly wheel and electronic white LED constant light DC. They have
                                  > enough tractive force to pull prototypical trains. Unit price is about Euro 320 (about USD 416)
                                  > We don't sell shells only, neither decorated nor undecorated.
                                  >
                                  > Harald
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
                                  > Harald Thom-Freudenreich
                                  > Schwarzer Weg 1B
                                  > D-18190 Sanitz / Mecklenburg
                                  > Phone: +49 38209 49160 Fax: +49 38209 49161
                                  > e-mail: FR.model@... web: www.FR-model.de

                                • jamesmacburney
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                                    Excellent news Harald. I would desire both an AMTRAK and Metrolink version.
                                    JamesTraction