Sad news from Switzerland

  • zettzeit
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17 11:49 AM
      Unfortunately, I have very sad news from Switzerland:

      Peter Rechsteiner (toyshop.ch, zbahn.ch) died completely unexpected
      yesterday 16th April 2013.
      His wife and his children have a a great loss.
      For us modellers an engaged friend and supporter of Z-scale passed away.

      Sad greetings,

      Jens
    • Robert Kluz
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17 1:37 PM
        Jens thank for the notice. This is very sad news. I considered Peter a friend. I have known him for many years and had hoped to visit his shop. I do hope his family can keep the business going. He was very much a great advocate for Z.

        Rob

        On Apr 17, 2013, at 2:49 PM, zettzeit <jens@...> wrote:

        > Unfortunately, I have very sad news from Switzerland:
        >
        > Peter Rechsteiner (toyshop.ch, zbahn.ch) died completely unexpected
        > yesterday 16th April 2013.
        > His wife and his children have a a great loss.
        > For us modellers an engaged friend and supporter of Z-scale passed away.
        >
        > Sad greetings,
        >
        > Jens

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        Distributor American Z Line
        Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
        and Tenshodo dealer
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        www.ztrackresale.com
        www.zscaletrack.com
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • Thomas Habrik
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17 2:47 PM
          This is extremely sad and really unexpected!

          I just had an email conversation about some new versions of Z locos with him a couple of days ago. I never thought about a thing like this.

          All our feelings are with his relatives. I wish them all the best and a lot of energy to come over this hard time.

          Von meinem iPad gesendet

          Am 17.04.2013 um 20:49 schrieb zettzeit <jens@...>:

          > Unfortunately, I have very sad news from Switzerland:
          >
          > Peter Rechsteiner (toyshop.ch, zbahn.ch) died completely unexpected
          > yesterday 16th April 2013.
          > His wife and his children have a a great loss.
          > For us modellers an engaged friend and supporter of Z-scale passed away.
          >
          > Sad greetings,
          >
          > Jens

        • Lee Barry
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 18 6:15 AM
            sorry to hear of his death. I did know him but as a member of the Z community I wish his family the best. Lee Barry