Re: [Z_Scale] Penzee

  • Robert Kluz
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
      Ah yes� Pennzee�

      Here is the story my friends. Bob Olson with Pennzee still owns the molds and it is rumored that Bowser is sitting on 1,000s of undecorated shells just waiting word from Bob on how to paint and decorate them. They are already paid for. But Bob has been 'out of Z' for years. I say out of Z since it is always possible he may move again on the runs, but no one knows for sure. Folks have attempted to contact thin, but if it is Z related, he does not reply.

      It is a shame seeing these molds and shells collecting dust. We could use them, but frankly, some items like their reefers have become less relevant with releases from AZL and MTL.

      Father Nature is another one. The cars were from a direct connection to Pennzee. But the owner John passed away. Again Bowser is sitting on molds that can't be used due to the family/estate owning them. There is also a rumor that there are new runs of Father Nature cars that are complete and packaged waiting for release. But no one has seen them since John passed away. Another sad story of Z. There was a lot of promise with these two lines. It is shame they are relegated to collector status.

      Rob

      On Apr 10, 2013, at 7:34 PM, harold grady <butch60619@...> wrote:

      > Hi Graham, I have been wondering the same thing for a long long time, no one seems to come up with a plausible answer. My theory is that production is tied up due to litigation. I thought at one time
      > Mtl might be buying the dies.
      >
      > My hope is that uncle Will would purchase the dies, and since Bowser has completely upgraded their
      > Printing cababilities any new runs of hoppers would have state of the art printing.
      > For example any hopper say like Burlington Northern, or N&W would have the whitest silk screened
      > Lettering. The same hoppers printed 13 years ago had faded lettering.
      >
      > So we shall wait and see. Please don't deprive us of a much needed car AZL AZL.
      > Harold Grady

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.zscaletrack.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2013
        Speaking of Pennzee, which kind of shell is spoken about here? The 3-bay coal hoppers?
        Dom

        > Here is the story my friends.  Bob Olson with Pennzee
        > still owns the molds and it is rumored that Bowser is
        > sitting on 1,000s of undecorated shells just waiting word
        > from Bob on how to paint and decorate them. They are already
        > paid for. But Bob has been 'out of Z' for years. I say out
        > of Z since it is always possible he may move again on the
        > runs, but no one knows for sure. Folks have attempted to
        > contact thin, but if it is Z related, he does not reply.
        >
        > It is a shame seeing these molds and shells collecting dust.
        > We could use them, but frankly, some items like their
        > reefers have become less relevant with releases from AZL and
        > MTL.
        >
        > Father Nature is another one. The cars were from a direct
        > connection to Pennzee. But the owner John passed away. Again
        > Bowser is sitting on molds that can't be used due to the
        > family/estate owning them. There is also a rumor that there
        > are new runs of Father Nature cars that are complete and
        > packaged waiting for release. But no one has seen them since
        > John passed away. Another sad story of Z. There was a lot of
        > promise with these two lines. It is shame they are relegated
        > to collector status.
        >
        > Rob

      • Robert Kluz
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2013
          Pennzees 3-bay hoppers and steel sided reefers.

          Rob