Re: Dead BR89

  • flyerbait
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 8, 2013
      "Alexandre" <ant0niutti@...> wrote:

      > Hi Kev,
      > I tried it, but the motor don´t run or make any noise.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Alex

      yeah I have a Few Marklin engines either given up the ghost or on the last legs, at the worst, you get to understand how they are put together and how to order a new motor, ungunk their gears, or modify for better pickup. If u can't or don't want to spend the bucks on repairs, you can always run it as a static dummy (i have a mikado which is good at that) or even wire it to a second loco as an additional electric pick up unit to a running loco of the same type (double headding). I recently did this with a H.O loco i picked up secondhand (burnt out but ideal as a dummy-powered unit combo with a brand new hardly run unit i had stored away). I have been thinking about doing it with the Micro trains F units for a while (especially now that they have powered B units out). Makes it damn easy to put in a decoder and run a quad header, and have 32 wheel pick up .... I have seen a few fellows sell off a couple of marklin versions on Epray last year...
    • Eddie Hen
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 11, 2013
        Thanks Mark. I saw the layout in the file section of the Yahoo Group. I could not get the link you provided in your responce to work though.

        Eddie